shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions on this proposal idea.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robdog

Rough_Rock
Supplies: Photo Puzzle seperated in 5 pieces. (4 Corners, 1 Center Piece)
DVDs: Recorded DVDs given at Start and 3 Stops

A mail package will be delivered to my girls friends house containing the puzzle frame, 1 puzzle corner and a dvd. The dvd will explain that even though it is my birthday, I will be doing nice things for her.

Then a limo will come to her house and take her and her mom to the first destination, a spa. After the spa she will get another corner puzzle piece and another dvd. Dvd will contain a slide show of pictures from our relationship and other fun things.

Then the limo will them to the second stop, beauty salon. After the beauty salon she will get another corner puzzle piece and another dvd. Dvd will contain commentary by myself not fully thought of but hopefully something to make the ride fun and the day more suspenseful.

Then the limo will take her to a nice dress/shoe store in the area. After that, and she is all done up, she will receive the forth corner to the puzzle and the last dvd. The dvd will talk about her final leg of the trip (about an hour or so) and how this is the time to think about her future. A future shared with someone special. Hopefully that will not give to much away, but if she has a proposal thought in the back of her mind then that is okay. After the limo drops her mom off at her house, the limo will take her to the resturant.

I will greet her at the resturant where we will have a nice dinner and a good bottle of wine. After dinner I will take her almost completed puzzle and start filling in the center of the puzzle. Explaining how life is full of puzzles, complications, and hard times. And how she might not have all the pieces to solve the puzzle, but if we work together we can complete any puzzle. Then I will hand her the completed puzzle face down. She picks it up. While she is reading it I am getting on one knee and the center of the puzzle says "Will you marry me?" And of course I ask the same question.

Whew. Makes me nervous just typing about it. Anyways comments and questions would be appriciated.

Thanks.

Rob

Waited2Long

Shiny_Rock
That sounds awesome. I bet there will be more than a proposal thought in the back of her mind though--she''ll have to expect it unless you make such elaborate dates and talk about her future with someone special often. On the upside, she''ll be excited and on the edge of her seat for hours. How thrilling!

What happens to her mom?

ellewoods

Shiny_Rock
Hi Rob.

Your proposal idea sounds great. She will feel very special and loved with all of the treats you have planned for her!

If you are set on making this a real surprise though, I don''t think you''ll be able to do that. As soon as she gets the first puzzle piece and DVD she''s going to know you''re proposing. It''s just something way too out of the ordinary for her to not know. That''s not necessarily a bad thing, but if you''re set on actually surprising her then you might want to alter things a bit.

But if you don''t mind that she''ll know (or at the very least strongly suspect), then she''ll have a fun day going to the spa and buying a new outfit, etc. She''ll still be nervous and excited to meet you later -- and to have you pop the question!
1.gif

FOOLINLOVE

Rough_Rock
WOW! That is awesome. Sounds like she would know but she will be so full of excitement you will see it when she gets to the restaurant. That is one of the best ideas I have heard. Good Job!

robdog

Rough_Rock
Her mom would get dropped back off at home once she gets her dress/shoes/outfit. (The Final Stop) Then it is down to the resturant with my just my girlfriend in the limo.

And the more I think about the more I am convinced that she will figure it out. But that is okay. I just want her to know that I would do anything to make her feel special and think that will be accomplished.

Thanks for all your comments, make me have more confidence that this idea is a good one.

Rob

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it sounds very romantic. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results