shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions on this particular WF diamond ASAP. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-183740.htm

What do you think?

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Also, a question about ordering a diamond for inspection from WF . . .
If we chose to take a look at this diamond, how would that all work. We have only been to B&M stores so we have no loupe, no IS, no tools with which to inspect the diamond. Do we have to buy these things and if so where can we buy them? Would WF ship me the tools with the diamond? I am a little nervous even going this route particularly because there is a diamond locally that I like . . . but this one has the paper specs that look great and could possibly save us a little money also, which would be wonderful.

I will try to do a search on the basics of shopping online but if someone has a little time to help me answer some of these questions, I would be VERY greatful. Thanks again.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, that appears to be a new stone (in-house), so it should have the idealscope images posted soon (so you don''t need an idealscope). If you want to check out the inclusions, you can get a cheap 10x loupe off of ebay (under $10), but WF may send one with the stone. Basically you buy the stone and have 10 days to return it. Then they''ll refund your money. The other option is choosing an approved appraiser to have the stone shipped to. You don''t have to pay unless you decide to buy the stone, but then you''ll have to pay both the appraiser and the shipping if you return the stone.

That is an ideal cut stone, so it should be beautiful. The only tool you really need to inspect the stone is your eyes. And that will basically be to decide if the color and clarity are pleasing to you since the cut is ideal.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
They just posted Ideal Scope and ASET images . . .
I am seriously thinking about taking the plunge into online diamond buying here . . . but I need some more feedback to feel comfortable. Please tell me what you think . . .

wimpwgn

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/18/2006 5:03:01 PM
Author: hikerchick

I am seriously thinking about taking the plunge into online diamond buying here . . . but I need some more feedback to feel comfortable. Please tell me what you think . . .

I was looking at the exact same stone before they put up the images. The only thing that left me thinking was the strong blue flour. I haven''t seen a stone with flour. in person, so I don''t want to commit just yet.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2006 6:06:29 PM
Author: wimpwgn

Date: 12/18/2006 5:03:01 PM
Author: hikerchick

I was looking at the exact same stone before they put up the images. The only thing that left me thinking was the strong blue flour. I haven''t seen a stone with flour. in person, so I don''t want to commit just yet.
Yeah, the strong blue fluor is making me nervous too . . . the shipping costs are high enough to prohibit looking at too many stones from online vendors.
7.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
a 1.2ct ags0 for under 6k!!
3.gif
awesome!
do it. it looks like a fine diamond for a fine price.
36.gif

eta: we were responding at the same time. if you are concerned about the strong blue, just ask wf if there are any adverse effects. i don't think strong blue looks any different in general lighting conditions.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
re: strong blue: I love it in diamonds.
Most newer indoor lights have low enough levels of UV that its not an issue at all and even if it was I like it.
It fades fueniture so most home lights these days filter it atleast somewhat.
Outside in full sunlight it will likely take a bit of a blue tint that I think looks awesome.
As long as it dont get milky I would take the discount it brings anyday.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Really nice VS2! It''s very clean. The images are superb. I would ask about the floro, if it has an adverse effects on the diamond''s appearance in regular light. It''s a totally cool phenomena - have you seen a floro diamond?

On a separate note, I have a diamond under review currently from WF and one of the things that made me feel very comfortable was their trade-in policy. If in 6 months you decide the floro isn''t for you, you can always do a trade-in, perhaps even a trade-up! You really can''t go wrong.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow.
That is a large killer stone at a killer price.
H VS2 1.24 carat. AGS 0 cut!
I only see two inclusions on the report (but call WF to see if there are others.)
And they don't look close to the girdle - which make me more comfortable when it comes to durability.
Very nice girdle thickness.

Great angles too: 61.6 55.6 34.9 40.8 resulting in an HCA of 1.5 XXXV!
Under $6K!

It is just below a milestonte (1.25 carat) at which the price per carat would jump.
Lucky you.

The only thing I'd get looked at is the possible effect of the strong fluorescence. (Better that it is blue than yellow.)
Many experts prefer stones with this.
For some reason there is a sigma in America that dings the price, but good for you.

Fresh report, Dec 13 2006.
This one won't last.
Grab it.

I have bought from WF a couple times and returned stones too without being hassled.
They are very reputable and offer super cut for great prices.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results