shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Opinions on Photographers!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
FI and I are Chicagoans, considering two photographers for our post-elopement "Reception." I''d love to get honest opinions of both!

Pen Carlson
$2400 for the following:
5 hours
2 Photographers
200-300 final images
DVD of event portfolio files one month after the event
Online proofing for two months

OR

Vrai
$2400 for the following:
4 hours
1 Photog.
Hi-Res Files
Online Proofing (?)

I know that I like a more photojournalistic, documentary style photography. We will have pictures of us getting ready for the celebratory dinner, some urban shots around the city and 2 hours of reception dinner coverage. I''d love to hear what you all think!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I''m torn!!! Love both photographers.

I would pick Vrai.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the second photographer a little more than the first. The pictures seem like they really capture the moment.

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
I am torn too! I am horrible at making decisions. I guess I would tend to lean ever so slightly towards Vrai- I was instantly drawn to her style and eye. Her pictures seem very emotional. I like Pen as well though, and for the same price we will get the extra hour AND two photogs. Do you ladies feel like they are close enough to just go with the package that offers more? We won''t be having the ceremony photographed by either since we''re eloping to Fiji. We actually tried to price out taking Vrai with us to Fiji but it was *WAY* too costly. We just want some gorgeous pictures from the day of the reception. We''ve met with both of these photographers, liked them, and would feel comfortable with either. FI likes Pen a little more, I like Vrai a little more. Pen has been quicker at getting back to us plus the package offers more, but they are both great.

Do you all think it would make a difference to have an extra hour and an extra photog? No idea...

everlong_x

Shiny_Rock
Honestly, I prefer Pen''s style. I also like the fact that you get 2 photogs and an extra hour of shooting. I wish I had gotten an extra photographer on the day to capture what my main photographer couldn''t because he was running around like a mad man.
7.gif

I think that either of them would be able to capture beautiful pictures, and I''m sure your decision will be just right for you. Good luck!

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
Well, in an interesting turn of events, the decision was made for us! I was sitting at my laptop, staring at both websites and about to write an email, when I got an email from PC saying that they are no longer available for our date! I was kind of taken by surprise; we had no knowledge that anyone else was even remotely interested in our date. They hadn''t said anything about it. I guess I don''t know much about the wedding photography business- I would have thought they would shoot over an email saying, "Hey, we have someone else who has shown some interest in your date. Can you let us know what you''ve decided?" rather than just, "Hey, it was great to meet you, but too bad so sad." Ok, maybe they didn''t say it like that, but that''s kinda what it made me feel like.

We are going with Vrai! I am super excited. It will be an hour less and one photographer, but I have loved her since the very start and we know we''ll have amazing photos from her.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Well atleast now you don''t have to decide.

I have to say I far prefered Vrai to the first photographer. The shots really capture the moment well and I did not the the compesition in many of the first photographers shots.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results