shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Opinion on Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in the process of looking for a square cut diamond and while waiting for the right one to jump up and bite me in the butt, I've decided to look for settings as well. I am looking for something simple and clean in 18k with a platinum head. Please share your opinions with me and any suggestions you might have.

Thanks.

Chrono.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is one of the two settings:

It is a bypass with 4 prongs made to look sort of like the Boone's Helix lite tension Titanium ring although not as polished and lovely. I do like it for its simplicity and clean lines plus the unusual angled setting. The only problem with this is that I doubt it will sit flush with a wedding band and I also don't know if it is set low.

You can also view it here:

http://www.coastaljewelers.com/pugreenbypasstourmalinering00491.htm

CR00491.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Clean lines" brought THIS PLACE to mind
1.gif
I hope it would not be much of a stretch to imagine some of those with a square stone - most designs would easily adapt.
read.gif
I would assume something like THIS would stretch the notion a bit, right?

And the good old essentials are always on the line, I suppose.

Is there a particular model you have in mind?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Val,

I was looking for a thinner band. While those you posted are lovely, it will make my short and small hands look even stubbier (which isn't a pretty sight)
naughty.gif

My second choice is this:

http://www.stuller.com/public/product.aspx?prodGrpID=f5ad7c01-4d85-46d7-a339-e6687ce50155&categoryID=77574371-8529-499d-ac7d-6dc1876021d2

I tried to paste a picture but am having problems with it.

Any other suggestions?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I managed to attach a picture of the second one:

It is split at the shoulders and again oriented in a slightly different way than the usual. Will this fit a square cut stone? It appears to sit reasonably low too. As you can tell, I like delicate looking settings that are a little different from the norm.

Please share your ideas with me. I promise to think about it with an open mind.
12.gif

Thanks
Chrono

Stuller.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another (top) view of the second setting.

10256.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This a custom piece that could be made with a thinner band and it would sit flush with a wedding band. think it would look great with a square stone, particularly a Regent or Jubilee.

010001.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata,

That is a beautiful setting. Which website is it from? I noted that it is a custom setting. Do you have more information on it? You can PM me if you like.

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe one with side stones? This one is not yet finished.

rds.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono,

It's from peterindorf.com. I've never purchased anything from him but I sure do like browsing his site.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results