shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Opinion... from the ladies please :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

superlizzy

Rough_Rock
After weeks if not months of thoughts... I think I figured out how I will propose...

BUT I have a final thought here, i woud like an opinion on...

Classically the guy gets down on one knee, takes out a ring box, opens it and presents the ring in a ring box. What are your thoughts on giving your girlfriend a gift small gift wrapped box, standing in front of her, and asking her to open it, and once she gets gets to opening the actual ring box the guy drops to his knee?

Small detail... but i need some opinions. I like the classical way, but I think that asking her to open a small gift wrapped box would create so much anticipation and excitment mostly as she is opening it.... Keep in mind she is completely not expecting it.

??

widget

Ideal_Rock
Small detail, indeed! hee hee

Here''s my teeny opinion: If the outer gift box doesn''t look remotely like a ring, then I''d wait and drop when she gets to the ring box.

If the outer box is really small, then I don''t think it''ll matter...she''ll probably guess and be so excited she won''t even notice when you drop!
9.gif

widget

superlizzy

Rough_Rock
The outer box is small... its actually the Tiffany box with the white ribbon.

But here is the thing... until she gets to the ring box (and maybe even once she gets to it)... 1/2 of the excitement for her will be "is it a ring". As i mentioned, she is really not expecting it, and she probably does not think I would ever buy anything from a Tiffany''s, Birk''s, etc. Mostly as I have made a point (to enchance the surprise) to appear completely not interested in jewellery or diamonds, or her friends engagements
3.gif
For all she knows it is a pair of earings.

I hope i am not being to cruel to her for the past 2 months.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
you might want her to be sitting down- just a thought!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh ooh leave it in the outer box!! Yes to the anticipation. Love it.

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
I love your idea! I think the anticipation is fun.

superlizzy

Rough_Rock
You girls are amazing at swaying me
28.gif

Now I am leaning more to the anticipation (with box and ribbon). And I will take the "sitting down" advice!
9.gif

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
I know it has been a few days since you''ve checked this thread, so for all I know you have already given her the box. I think it is a wonderful idea. I would LOVE to get a Tiffany''s box. I bet I would have a hard time even holding on to the box to unwrap it, regardless of what is inside. Once she finds out it will be amazing! I love the idea of having her open it, especially since she has no idea it is coming. I hope it goes (went) well!

superlizzy

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/21/2006 3:46:30 PM
Author: lehcarm
I know it has been a few days since you've checked this thread, so for all I know you have already given her the box. I think it is a wonderful idea. I would LOVE to get a Tiffany's box. I bet I would have a hard time even holding on to the box to unwrap it, regardless of what is inside. Once she finds out it will be amazing! I love the idea of having her open it, especially since she has no idea it is coming. I hope it goes (went) well!
hehehe... I still have not given it to her. Its still MINE
31.gif
. I think I am starting to like it
2.gif

I think I will either give it to her on Christmas or a few days after. I am leaning to AFTER since we will be spending time alone plus I think it will even further make her not expect any such surprise
17.gif

I forgot to post a link to the ring in this forum in case some of you would like to see it (as you can tell this experience is super exciting for me, and her, or frankly NO ONE knowing makes it all the more fun)... i put it into Rocky Talk...
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-got-it-my-experiences-and-my-ring.54885/

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/21/2006 4:15:08 PM
Author: superlizzy
Date: 12/21/2006 3:46:30 PM

Author: lehcarm

I know it has been a few days since you''ve checked this thread, so for all I know you have already given her the box. I think it is a wonderful idea. I would LOVE to get a Tiffany''s box. I bet I would have a hard time even holding on to the box to unwrap it, regardless of what is inside. Once she finds out it will be amazing! I love the idea of having her open it, especially since she has no idea it is coming. I hope it goes (went) well!

hehehe... I still have not given it to her. Its still MINE
31.gif
. I think I am starting to like it
2.gif

I think I will either give it to her on Christmas or a few days after. I am leaning to AFTER since we will be spending time alone plus I think it will even further make her not expect any such surprise
17.gif

I forgot to post a link to the ring in this forum in case some of you would like to see it (as you can tell this experience is super exciting for me, and her, or frankly NO ONE knowing makes it all the more fun)... i put it into Rocky Talk...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-got-it-my-experiences-and-my-ring.54885/

I wish my BF could make such a lucky find like you. A Tiffany ring at a great price, nothing can be better! It''s a classic! I know she will love the ring, what girl wouldn''t?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results