shape
carat
color
clarity

need invitation help! please...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
So, we''re now 8 weeks and two days away from our wedding date and I can''t decide on how to do the invitations! I made a test one last night and I think it''s cute but I''m just not so sure. I think it may be too much. Two of my friends like it, one that''s a bit more conservative says it''s too much for her taste but fits my bold over the top style
3.gif
, and two have yet to chime in... We''re getting married just outside of Vegas and we''re not really going for a traditional style for much of anything. I don''t want them to look like every other invitation I''ve ever seen but don''t want them to be tacky either. That''s enough rambling...what do you think? Suggestions, pretty please!

Oh, and BTW, right now the invitation wording is just printed out on normal paper and stuck in the envelope...that''s why that may look funny.

Thank you in advance for your advice!

b s wedding invite.JPG

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I like the black, white, and red for a Vegas wedding, so I think you''re on the way to a cool invitation. This might sound weird, but I think it either needs more or less. It seems to be in the middle, like you want to get creative but are scared to go there. It''s too busy for "simple and elegant" though. Try adding a colored card holder instead of the white?

Also, I don''t care for the gingham mixed in with the polka dots. It seems out of place.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you GP! I think the gingham doesn''t fit with the polka dots either, I really just liked what it said...I''m taking that off. I''m not sure why but the red hearts look much brighter in the picture. They''re actually a deeper red. I''ve also decided to lower the second heart so that it matches the diagonal line of the envelope but I won''t be able to make that change until later. I also originally wanted the cherries that are now back on the invite but I was worried that it would be too much.

Thoughts on getting a smaller heart punch and putting a smaller heart of the opposite pattern in the bigger heart? ie smaller red heart in the center of the polka dot heart and vice versa?

Anyone else? Feedback please. Positive or negative, it''s welcomed!

Thanks again!

b_s_invite.jpg

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
I think w/o the small hearts and stars it would still look cute but not cutesy, if that makes sense?

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 4:28:07 PM
Author: newbie124
I think w/o the small hearts and stars it would still look cute but not cutesy, if that makes sense?
I agree. Remove the small hearts/stars, and move the big red heart down slightly to fit the diagnoal of the card. Then it will be very cute I think. I like the red bow especially :)

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 4:49:08 PM
Author: musincy

Date: 1/14/2009 4:28:07 PM
Author: newbie124
I agree. Remove the small hearts/stars, and move the big red heart down slightly to fit the diagnoal of the card. Then it will be very cute I think. I like the red bow especially :)
Ditto to newbie and musincy. Good idea to remove the gingham and I especially love your ribbons!!! If you''re looking to make your invites even more conservative (which I don''t think you are), you could remove the large hearts and have a splatter of hearts and stars in the left corner.... Just a thought.
1.gif
I think they look great though and as you said, they seem to be very ''you'' which is very important!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Newbie that does make sense! Thank you, I will do that. I want it to be a fun invite, but definitely not too cutesy.

Thank you musincy! and you too sammyj! Conservative is definitely not me but thank you very much for the suggestion.
2.gif

The ribbons are so super cute! It''s a pain in the arse tying them and trying to keep them straight but it''ll be well worth it.
1.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Coming from a design standpoint (graphic designer) - The feeling this invite gives off is 'southern Texas, out in the country, down on the 'ol farm, picknick in mid July' feel to it. It doesn't really look like a 'wedding' invite to me. (Sorry, don't mean to be rude. Please don't feel hurt by that!)

Now, you said you are getting married just outside of Vegas with a not-so-much traditional wedding, maybe you are going for that look? Could you describe to us what your wedding will be like for further suggestions?

I'd remove all polka dots and make the hearts smaller....and possibly remove the 'cherry hearts' on the card and replace them with something else.

I think you are on the right track with a little more work, I'm sure they will be exactly what you've imagined.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamgirl I''m not hurt at all!
9.gif
I do live in a small town in South Central Texas and when we come back from Vegas we are going to have a BBQ and beer reception.
3.gif
Hearts, cherries, stars, and polka dots are my favorite things but I am open to other options/designs, though I do really love the polka dots. As far as theme for the wedding there really isn''t a declared theme but it''s hopefully going to have a rockabilly/1950ish feel., that''s what I''m going for.

Thank you!
1.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOOh ok! Well then you are right on track girl!
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results