shape
carat
color
clarity

Need info and help with my upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been lurking around PS since Christmas--the beginning of our search to upgrade my e-ring. I''ve been pretty set on a HOF. I was recently quoted $15,425 for a 1.091 ct G VS2 stone
6.gif
I''m interested in something between 1.0 -1.25 ct G VS2 and my budget is 9-10K. My local jeweler will give me enough of an upgrade on my current stone to make this "do-able," but I really want to know if there is something about HOF that makes it different than ACA. Do the stones look the same? I''m just not understanding the huge price difference. Please help!

Specs on HOF:

Table %: 56.5
Depth %: 61.6
Crown angle: 34.9
Pavillion Angle: 40.8
Culet: Pointed
Diameter: 6.59 x 6.63 x 4.07

1.091 ct

HCA: 1.5 ex,ex,ex,vg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi rs,

The difference in price is simply for the HOF name. An ACA would be just as beautiful.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I have a Hearts on Fire three stone ring and a bracelet from Whiteflash with ACA diamonds. The stones look identical. With HOF you are paying a BIG premium for the branded name that they have established. Go with the ACA and good luck with your upgrade!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Ellen and Sundial
1.gif
I''m just nervous about making such a big purchase on the internet
32.gif
Yet DH and I picked out our new sportscar without more than a short discussion!! Of course, we test drove it first
31.gif
If I go with the ACA, I can keep my .80 ct RB from my e-ring and start thinking about a pendant...it really should be a "no-brainer"!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2007 4:27:39 PM
Author: risingsun
Thanks Ellen and Sundial
1.gif
I''m just nervous about making such a big purchase on the internet
32.gif
Yet DH and I picked out our new sportscar without more than a short discussion!! Of course, we test drove it first
31.gif
If I go with the ACA, I can keep my .80 ct RB from my e-ring and start thinking about a pendant...it really should be a ''no-brainer''!!
Believe me, no one was more nervous than me.
2.gif

It takes a huge leap of faith at first. Fear of the unknown. Why would we buy something we can''t even see that''s worth thousands of dollars, from someone we don''t know and can''t see either?? I thought it sounded crazy at first, and kept trying to buy locally. I''ll spare you the details, but after 5 B&M visits, with the last one being a small nightmare, I rethought my options.

Then I took the leap, and contacted a very reputable, caring vendor on here (of which there are many). I ended up with a fabulous ring, and paid a lot less than I would have locally.

As long as you go with someone reputable (and WF certainly is), you will be fine.
2.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Ellen
1.gif
I thought that shopping for a new diamond was going to be fun...so far, it''s been kind of stressful!
32.gif

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
You can arrange to do a one on one session with one of the Vendors in the "It''s Alive" yellow box at the top of RT. John from White Flash has the capability to do one on one sessions. John, or any of the Vendors that are listed in the Yellow Box, can show both you and Hubby different things while you talk on the phone.

It would be kinda like meeting in person. At the very least, you can maybe see the diamonds in motion as you chat with the Vendor. That way you could get an idea of how it''s gonna perform before you receive it??!!

It''s a thought for you.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
^^^Thanks for the suggestion. It''s a good idea
36.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Woooo have you checked Whiteflash.. they have some great prices. You may even be able to keep you current stone and buy a new one from them... I have heard terrific things about their diamonds...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2007 5:25:40 PM
Author: risingsun
Thanks, Ellen
1.gif
I thought that shopping for a new diamond was going to be fun...so far, it''s been kind of stressful!
32.gif
Aww, I said the SAME thing after looking locally. I felt like I was buying a used car. Certainly not fun.

But, after buying my first stone and seeing how beautiful it was, I felt much more relaxed.

So then I bought some studs, and then upgraded them a couple months later, and that was truly fun.
9.gif
2.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
ROFL
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to add that I also kept my original stone and got a hearts and arrows stone from one of these vendors. Then I recently got ACA studs. A HoF diamond would have cost as much as my ring diamond and the studs put together! I had zero problems buying online, and I did look at a few and send them back with no problem before making a final decision on both projects. In the end, though, I got exactly what I wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results