shape
carat
color
clarity

Need ideas for husband''s 30th birthday

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
Hi, all! I need ideas for my husband''s 30th birthday. The bad thing is that we''ve moved hundreds of miles away from home...so no friends and family to celebrate with us.

I know what I am going to buy him as far as gifts go... just need some celebration ideas since we''re so far away from home. We can''t go away b/c we just got back from vacation and can''t get away from work.

He''s into Texas Hold Um and Sports.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What about a night of poker movies Rounders and the like!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
What about asking his friends to come visit? SURPRISE!

JC

Shiny_Rock
Well, if you have the cash you could always fly one or two of his closest friends or family members in to celebrate with him. It would be expensive, but it would definitely be a surprise.....

9.gif

bopitaddict

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/17/2005 9:46:10 AM
Author: Erin
What about asking his friends to come visit? SURPRISE!
I agree... I''m sure his friends would be more than willing to come and celebrate... all they need is probably some advanced warning...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
does he already have a nice set of clay poker chips?

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
We really don''t have the money to fly in one of his friends. But... I could ask them if they want to come out here that weekend. Great idea!!

I''m also considering getting tickets to some sporting event in the next big town.

I already got him poker chips a couple of years ago...the cheap kind, but he doesn''t even use them. I''m getting him a basketball hoop and a X-box game for gifts.

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
What does HE want?

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
He told me that he wants the basketball hoop and the X-box game.

He loves to surprise me with things on my birthday and Christmas that I haven''t asked for, so I was trying to think of something else as a surprise in addition to the things that he wants.

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
Does he golf? I got my fiancee a gift certificate to a local golf course; he used part of it for lessons and part for a new putter. He should have used all of it for lessons!

There''s a great book, if he likes poker, called, "Poker Nation."

How about giving him "gift certificates" or "coupons" that you make, good for one sporting event of his choice, or a dinner out at a sports bar during a big game, or a six back of his favorite beer and nachos for a game he watches at home?

There are also "beer of the month clubs," if he likes beer, that deliver to your door. Or, a cheese of the month club, if he''s a cheesy guy! I got my dad the cheese of the month club and he really likes it.

I found it doesn''t have to be expensive, it just has to be thoughtful. Even guys like flowers (although they have to be MANLY flowers!) delivered at work!

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
You could get him a nice poker table and invite his friends over for a game, I did this for DH for x-mas and it was a blast. Or if you really want to surprise him have some of his best friends throw in for a mini trip to Vegas for some real gambling action!!!

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Windy,

Did I make up that you live in Chicago? Go to a Cubs game to celebrate! There is nothing in the world more fun than a home game at Wrigley!!!!!! Plus, since everyone there is so friendly, it will feel like you''re celebrating with a huge group of friends rather than just the two of you.

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
No, I don''t live in Chicago... I live in Arkansas. I think Kansas City, Missouri is two hours away, so maybe there is a sporting event there on his birthday weekend.

What are manly flowers?

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
So much for the sports game or concert. I was having trouble finding an event for the weekend of his birthday, so I asked him for help - though it ruined the surprise. He said that he doesn''t want to go out of town - he wants to stay around the house and go fishing on his birthday.

Can you believe someone wants to stay at home and go fishing on their 30th birthday?? Isn''t the 30th birthday supposed to be a big event?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results