shape
carat
color
clarity

need ideas for bridal party gifts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,
Looking for some ideas for gifts for the groomsmen/bridesmaids. Looking to spend about $50 for each gift. Also need ideas for gifts for the flower girls/ring bearers? I was thinking a harmonica for the kids
1.gif
. Thanks again.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''m getting my BMs the jewelry that they''re going to wear for the wedding and I also made t-shirts that say bridesmaid in rhinestones for them. I think I''ve spent about $50/girl. I know you''re technically not supposed to get them things that are for the wedding, but I think the jewelry is really pretty and they can totally wear it for other things. If I can find some inexpensive bags I might get them and then fill them with inexpensive bath stuff.

I have no idea what FI''s getting for his guys. He''ll probably decide pretty last minute
1.gif

For the flower girls, so far I''ve gotten them Disney Princess pez dispensers, Disney Princess ring pops that play a song from the movie the princess is from and I''m going to get them bride barbies also.

I''m not sure what I''m going to get for the ring bearers, but I''m pretty sure that it won''t have anything to do with weddings.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I''m getting my girls several things. So far, I am planning on getting them my favorite over-priced-but-worth-it-candle (becasue all of them love it just as much as I do, and it''s hard to find them), probably some pearl earings that they will be able to use again, and possibly some other fun things. I am also thinking of making little (like 5x7 personalized photo books/scrapbooks (but not too scrapbooky, just simple) of me with each bridesmaid. Those would be fun! I had a friend do that for me once, and I love it.

I liked one idea a friend of mine had; she gave each of her BMs a different hand bag that she thought they would like. They were all cute, nice bags, and she found them at discount places like lowmans or marshalls. The girls loved them because they were personal and useful.

I usually don''t like engraved jewlery, but a friend of mine got us these SUPER cute bracelets for her wedding. I will try to find a picture. I wear mine all the time. She just got our first names on them because she figured our initials would change someday. I think she paid about $30 for each one. Then she bought us some books and a pillow that holds a photo as well.

I have been in one where the girl gave us a little bucket with candles, lotion, bubble bath, room spray, photo holders, and earrings for the wedding. It was sweet. Plus I love bubble bath and never buy it for myself.

I was in 2 where the gifts were the wedding jewlery, but it was really tasteful stuff that I have worn since.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
i am giving my bridal party a mani/pedi before the wedding. you can get mani/pedis for 35 (including tip) where i live!

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
swarovski has pretty jewlry, and even though its an upper end brand, they have pieces that are quite affordable.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''m buying my Flowergirls a heavyweight silver charm bracelet each with a different charm each - (£12 GBP each on ebay), and a necklace to wear on the day. I''m also making their dresses (how fast do small children grow???)

I''m buying one bracelet a month at the moment so I don''t have to spend loads in the last few months. Spending now, 15 months out, it doesn''t feel like "money towards the wedding" if that makes sense!

niku414

Rough_Rock
I am planning on giving my BMs a set of necklace + earrings made of swarovski crystals
2.gif
You can actually get a set for under $50 (given that it''s Made of swarovski crystal and not MADE BY Swarovski) There are a lot of these sets on ebay and in different colors to coordinate with your wedding colors
5.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I talked about this with my MOH, because she has been in a zillion weddings and received a zillion bridesmaids gifts... so I figured she would have a pretty good take on it.
2.gif
She said most gifts (robes, inexpensive jewelry, baskets of bath stuff, etc) were nice but never really used after the wedding day, and since our friends are all in their late 20s, everyone has developed very personal taste by now... it's hard to pick out jewelry or clothing that works for everyone.

I threw out a bunch of options, but the one she really loved was a $100 Tiffany gift certificate... simple but definitely appreciated. So I think that's what we're doing for the girls. I asked her if she thought that was too impersonal, and she pointed out that some of our favorite wedding gifts are the GCs that will allow us to buy the items we REALLY want. Plus I am just a big fan of useful gifts... I hate giving/receiving things that look nice but end up sitting in a closet somewhere. I was at one of those round robin Secret Santa's last year and there were about 20 really cute gifts... but the one everyone fought over all night was the Starbucks gift certificate!

So maybe a $50 GC that would be appropriate for your girls/guys? ITunes? Starbucks? Best Buy? Kiehl's?

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I''m thinking a cute tote bag from LLBean that they can use again for going to the beach/gym etc and some chandelier rhinestone earrings from Express to wear the day of the wedding

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i got my maids real pearl earring studs and fake pashmina''s. the guys got silver monogrammed locket cufflinks.
everyone LOVED them.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Real pearl earrings sound a great idea - if I had older BM''s I''d definitely do that. They are so useful and suit everyone, having real ones is also a luxury that one wouldn''t necessarily buy for yourself.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s something cute I just found for a possible bridesmaid gift:
http://www.safetygirl.com/
It''s a kit (costs about $30) w/various useful items such as: wet wipes, deoderant, chocolates, chapstick, sewing kit, etc.. I thought it was very cute and affordable. This idea actually makes me want to just make my own kit or gift basket w/my own ideas of things I think they''d like. Hmm.. maybe I''ve decided on a gift for my bm''s.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
$50 will get you a pair of champagne flutes at Tiffany''s. Or would be $ towards another item there.
1.gif
I gave my girls necklaces to wear with their strapless dresses. Jewelry to wear at the wedding has been what I''ve gotten at every wedding I''ve been in - some have been great, and some was really cheapo stuff (fake silver and rhinestones). With the exception of the last item, I have really enjoyed them! Some were even handmade with beads from a local artist.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I got each of my bridesmaids freshwater pearl studs ($21 each), plus:

-- For the younger bridesmaid who loves Harry Potter, I pre-ordered the last book ($19). I may pick up a small Starbucks gift card for her as well (she''s obsessed).
-- For the bridesmaid who likes to party, I bought a set of margarita glasses ($20) and a book with recipes for mixed drinks (maybe $15).
-- For the bridesmaid who loves pictures and loves to entertain, I bought a set of martini glasses ($16) and a set of photo coasters ($20). I put photos of us throughout the years (early high school, senior year of high school, college, and recent) in the photo coasters. She''ll probably take most of the photos out so that it''s not overkill on the two of us, but I know that she''ll think it''s really cute.

FI bought all of the groomsmen sgian dubhs, which are small Scottish knives. I think they cost around $50 a piece. The guys are all either military or really into swords and guns, so this will probably go over well with them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results