shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help: wording sendoff banner for nephew!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My "little" nephew is leaving for Air Force boot camp after the 4th of July, and we're giving him a send off on the 2nd (perfect cover for my mom's surprise 70th birthday). I want to have a banner made, and let all the guests sign his banner as well as a banner for my mom's birthday, but I have no idea what's appropriate to say on it. He's not going to be a flyboy as his vision is not acute enough and he'd need the surgery to correct it. My brother said he had to get a job before going to boot camp, and he got Space Systems Operation (tracing satellites, missiles, rockets, etc.).

What is the appropriate thing to say? I've got two or three lines of space on a 6ft banner.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Bon Voyage, Space Cadet ___________

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Is there an Air Force motto that would be appropriate?
Or maybe a military inspired quote that would mean something to everyone?

The only things I can think of are pilot specific.

DH's friend is doing a similar job in the AF. We're not privvy to most of the info, but he loves it. Hope your nephew has a great experience!!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
AF motto is "Aim high. Fly-Fight-Win"

Since he's not actually going to be flying, I was hoping for something that didn't make reference to flight.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would write "To infinity and beyond!"
But I'm a strange bird.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
What about just something simple like "We're so proud of you. Good luck!"

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I would be sure to have AF graphics and a US flag on it, and say something like, "Good luck at Basic Training, John" "We are so proud of you!" etc.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Good luck and we're so proud is awesome.

And, please let him know that he has much gratitude from plain ol' folks like me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results