shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with reception venues in Savannah GA please

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all- :wavey:

My baby sister is getting married and I'm helping her plan a destination wedding in Savannah, GA :bigsmile:

Her date is set for Sunday October 2nd of this year so we don't have a lot of time to plan and we are having a hard time deciding on/finding a reception venue.

She booked the Fountain at Forsyth Park for her ceremony and we were about to book the Mansion on Forsyth Park for her reception but the price is kind of crazy for the # of guests who will probably be attending... Their price is a MINIMUM of $14,000 (including taxes and gratuity).

Here's the problem-- she's inviting about 125-150 guests (most of whom live in MI) and because of the short notice and the fact that flights are around $450 a ticket and driving is about 11 hours, we don't think we will have over 50 guests attend- which she is OK with. But to pay $14,000 for 50 or so guests doesn't really make sense. (That's just the price for dinner/bar).

Does anyone know of any other venues close to Forsyth Park?? She loved the ballroom at the Mansion-- she wants an elegant venue. (I've attached a pic of the ballroom.) I showed her a few B&Bs I found that were close to her ceremony site but she said they weren't her taste, ie- they didn't look anything like the ballroom.

Any suggestions on alternative venues would be GREATLY appreciated! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Mansion on Forsyth Park.JPG

slg47

Ideal_Rock
hmm...are you sure that people won't attend? it is tough to book a venue without some idea of the number of guests you have, and $14,000 for food/beverage seems reasonable for 150 but not for 50...

I would try to get a more accurate head count first and then look at venues?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Mansion on Forsythe is beautiful. We wer there for a weekend.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results