shape
carat
color
clarity

need help with proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swiftsoles

Rough_Rock
I''m trying to decide the best way to propose to my girl. We have already talked about becoming engaged, so she expects it to be happening soonish.

She is definitely the romantic type, and I know she wants the proposal to be special and amazing in some way. So, I had thought about having a private dinner at a nice restaurant, decorating the private room with flowers/candles before hand, and just have a nice romantic evening all planned out.

The other idea I was considering was asking her at a sporting event. They will put us on the jumbotron and have the mascot bring her roses, tape the whole thing and give us a DVD of the proposal as well. Plus, I would invite her parents to the game, and it would be a surprise to her to have her parents there. Also, I don''t think she would be expecting it at the game, whereas the nice dinner, she''d be clued in pretty quick.

So I''m wondering (looking for some female input :))...what the best way might be. She likes going to games, but is not a huge sports fan. But, I like that idea b/c I know she would love it if her parents were there. Plus, we''d have the DVD of it afterwards we could show everyone. Any thoughts?

esguy27

Shiny_Rock
I think this really depends on your gf. Would she prefer a private, intimate proposal followed by dinner where her parents/friends/etc would meet you? Or is she a more public person who wouldn''t mind being proposed to in front of thousands of strangers?

I''d start with that question first.

sleeping beauty

Shiny_Rock
Hey swift,

I really like idea #2 the sports event. It will be more of a surprise that she wont expect. and the best thing of it all, is being able to watch it over and over again on the DVD.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I wouldn''t be so sure it''d be a total surprise.
9.gif

Last time my bf and I went to a ballgame, I kept having this fantasy that the ad/stat board would flash ''will you marry me''. I didn''t want to go to the bathroom during the 7th inning!
2.gif

But I think the game idea is a great one! Particularly with having her parents there!
5.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I agree with esguy that you really need to know your girl. Many ladies have pretty strong preferences about whether they''d like a public or private proposal. Sleeping beauty and Wren like the proposal idea #2, while I would choose #1 in a heartbeat.

Has she mentioned how any of her friends proposed or were proposed to, and what she thinks of those ideas? This could give you a clue.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2006 12:45:30 PM
Author:swiftsoles

I''m trying to decide the best way to propose to my girl. We have already talked about becoming engaged, so she expects it to be happening soonish.

She is definitely the romantic type, and I know she wants the proposal to be special and amazing in some way. So, I had thought about having a private dinner at a nice restaurant, decorating the private room with flowers/candles before hand, and just have a nice romantic evening all planned out.

The other idea I was considering was asking her at a sporting event. They will put us on the jumbotron and have the mascot bring her roses, tape the whole thing and give us a DVD of the proposal as well. Plus, I would invite her parents to the game, and it would be a surprise to her to have her parents there. Also, I don''t think she would be expecting it at the game, whereas the nice dinner, she''d be clued in pretty quick.

So I''m wondering (looking for some female input :))...what the best way might be. She likes going to games, but is not a huge sports fan. But, I like that idea b/c I know she would love it if her parents were there. Plus, we''d have the DVD of it afterwards we could show everyone. Any thoughts?

If she is the romantic type, I wouldn''t go for the sporting event proposal, especially since you say she''s not a huge sports fan.

I really prefer the romantic evening. Take her to a nice restaurant, go take a walk somewhere special (beach, garden, etc) and propose there. Then, have a hotel room ready for the both of you with flowers and champagne and a huge fireplace... Just an idea!
2.gif

ellewoods

Shiny_Rock
Hello Swiftsoles.

I vote against the sporting event/jumbotron proposal. It really depends on the personality of your GF of course, but you said she''s the romantic type and wants something really special, and she isn''t a huge sports fan. I would consider myself all of those things too, and a gameday/jumbotron proposal would be the very last kind of proposal I would want. To start, you will both be dressed casual at a game. In my ideal proposal, I''d like to be dressed up like I was going out for a nice dinner or a night out on the town, so I felt pretty and sexy and all of those things. If I was proposed to while wearing jeans and sneakers I just wouldn''t feel romantic. I like the idea of having a videotape to capture the moment, but again, I really wouldn''t like a videotape of my proposal when I was dressed casual with my hair in a ponytail, and likely not looking my best. That''s just my own personal opinion though.

I feel like proposing at a sporting event is a guy''s idea of a great proposal, if he were being proposed to. But unless your GF is a die hard fan of a certain sporting team, I don''t think that kind of proposal would be as special and romantic as something else, like your proposal #1 idea.

I definitely agree with Esguy, that you should consider whether your GF would want a big public proposal, or something more intimate. Personally I wouldn''t want a giant public proposal. I''d be uncomfortable with all those people at the game staring at me and watching me react to the proposal on the jumbotron, and I don''t think I''d be able to really appreciate it or fully enjoy what was going on because I wouldn''t want such a public display. But if your GF is the type who''d want you to declare your love in front of thousands of people, proposal #2 would definitely allow for that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results