shape
carat
color
clarity

need help with photographer in Ohio

bibiloves

Shiny_Rock
I haven't been on PS for awhile but I really need some help. Is there any brides from Ohio? My wedding is on July 3, 2011 and I still don't have a photographer yet. Most of the ones I've contacted were already booked (one even said they don't do wedding on Sunday). I've realized that I'm really behind on my wedding planning and I'm starting to feel the pressure. I'm getting married in Dayton and looking for any photographer in the Dayton/Cincinnati/Columbus areas and even further if I have too. Please let me know if you have any recommendations. Thanks in advance!

:cry:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Check the WPPI website. You can search by city and state.

If you share your budget and what kind of coverage you're looking for (how many hours, one photographer or two, how you want the photos delivered [DVD, printed proofs, included album(s), etc]), I can be a bit more helpful! And some photogs will probably not cover the entire Dayton/Cincy/Cbus area without some sort of fee, so is there one I can focus on for the time being?

jazzoboe

Shiny_Rock
Hey, bibi, I got married about 6 weeks ago in the Cincinnati area and I know my photographer will cover a pretty wide area, so I'll give you my info. His name is Thomas Bartler- you should be able to google it and find his website. His prices are, in my opinion, very reasonable. We paid $795 for 5 hours of coverage (which really turned out to be perfect, he did most of the bridal party separate before the ceremony, then the ceremony, rest of the bridal party/bride and groom/etc., then went to the reception with us and by the time the 5 hours were up it was about the time all our guests were starting to head out). We didn't buy any prints or albums from him, but substituted that part of the package for an engagement shoot, and that price also included dvds with all of the pictures he took and rights to print them. We ended up with 600+ photos from the engagement shoot and 2000+ from the wedding, plus we got the wedding photos back within a few weeks. I really think he did a good job- he managed to be everywhere all day and capture a lot of moments and details, but we never felt like he was intrusive or in our way, and he was fun to work with. I will say that he is not especially artsy, doesn't do a lot of different editing, just basic refinements to make the photos very good quality, so if you're looking for something mroe photojournalistic, you should probably look elsewhere, but will probably have to pay a lot more. Hope this helps, and good luck!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
im also in the cincinnati area and have a friend who has a photography business. she has very reasonable rates and a pretty open schedule. her website is www.mavenphotos.com..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results