shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with how to pop the question.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SourPatchKid

Rough_Rock
New member here, just want to say this is a great message board! Lot''s of cool people here. I just happened upon the site and have been browsing for over an hour now. Anyway:

I am taking my better half down to the beach this weekend and had thought about asking her to marry me there, but I''m not quite sure the best way to do it.

I am also taking her to Disney World for a week with the rest of my family at the end of the month, I really would like to do it here; however, I can''t think of a nice, quite, romantic way to ask her. The only really good idea I''ve come up with for Disny is having a person do the character drawings of us and have him draw me on one knee asking and then when she gets the drawing, asking.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!! I''m sure all of you can come up with some super creative stuff. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
The "best" way will be the way you do it. There's no prescription out there for a magic moment. People make it magic...you and her. No one here knows her better than you. If she's the kind of girl that would love that "free spirited kid in you" kind of appeal like Disney, your idea with the caricatures sounds like fun. You'd certainly have a lasting memento. If you want to do it quietly and privately, a simple beach walk this weekend with the stars out or a sunrise stroll could be the thing to do.

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
My daughter did an internship at Disney one year and told me a story about a guy who proposed to his girl dressed in a Prince Charming outfit....took her on a horse drawn carriage ride up to Cinderella's Castle and Micky himself came in with the engagement ring on a pillow!!! She said it was amazing...and very very expensive. They wore Mickey and Mini bridal ears throughout the rest of the visit! Anyway, I thought that was one of the most romantic proposal stories I've ever heard.
9.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
One thing to keep in mind is how she will react to a "public" proposal. I, for one, would die of embarrassment if there were a lot of people around (I had one friend who, upon being proposed to, had random people chanting "yes"--horrible!). The only friend I know who proposed at Disneyland (California) actually asked to have a separate boat on Pirates (his G/F's favorite ride) and proposed to her on the ride. It was great because it was dark so she wasn't embarrassed when she started crying (especially since no one else was there to witness it), and they made it really special by having dinner in the Pirate's indoor restaurant (with a special dessert and champagne set up). If you aren't able to get a boat or whatever on one of the rides reserved for you, you could at least have just your family in the car/boat with you so it would still be intimate and special
1.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
BTW, I think the drawing idea is ADORABLE and would make any girl melt!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results