shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with grading on princess cut

tommo

Rough_Rock
I'm new to diamond research and was wondering if someone could tell me if they think the natural in the corner of this princess, or the feathers in the middle, will be a problem, and do the overall specifics seem good. The report can be viewed on the GIA webiste. The GIA report number is 2125991102. It is a 1.52 ct, VS1, H color, 70.7 depth, 72.0 table, no fluorescence. I had to increase the magnification on the report several times to get the diagram large enough to see the natural mark in the upper left corner. Also the symmetry is only good and I am not sure how much that will matter. The diamond is for an engagment ring. Any help is greatly appreciated.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
No way a VS1 inclusion is going to cause any problem to the durability of the stone.

GIA do not grade the cut performance of a princess, so no idea how that will perform. Can the vedor provide ASET image?

tommo

Rough_Rock
No ASET image is available. I had to search the term to find out what it was. Blue Nile does claim that the cut is "very good" but I'm not sure how that determination was made since I'm pretty sure they do not have a gemologist reviewing the stones.

druidtime

Rough_Rock
You don't need to worry about the indented natural on the corner, as there will be a prong covering it.

And as stated, VS1 sized feather will not affect durability and will probably not be visible without magnification anyway.

tommo

Rough_Rock
Thank you both for your guidance!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
for a princess cut I would strongly recommend going with a vendor who provides images/ASET images OR going with an AGS0 princess. otherwise you just do not know anything about the cut quality of the diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results