shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with engagement ring!

Chris1994

Rough_Rock
Hi, I have been looking at loose diamonds now for over two months and have just ran across this forum. Until I found this forum I considered myself pretty well educated, but now I feel like I am back at the beginning and finding myself lost! I am hoping some of the experts here could point me in the right direction. Im currently trying to stay within a 20,000-25,000 budget for diamond and setting. I have been leaning more towards a 2.0 to 2.2 I or J SI1 or SI2. I originally was only looking at "excellent" cut certified GIA diamonds. After reading the forum and lots of different posts I am starting to realize a lot more goes to into the look of the diamond than just the "cut". I originally wanted to stay away from purchasing online, but have ran into the issue of lots of local jewelers not being able to get in a lot of stock at the size I wanted. Originally this wasn't an issue, but now after reading posts and seeing how "nitpicky" you'll are and I should be, Im not sure this is the correct path anymore. I am starting to think the right way to go about this is to purchase online. I have read a lot of people have suggested WF, and thats where I now have started my online search. I have been looking at the ACA collection, is this a good place to start? Sorry for all the questions, but I really do look forward to expert advice and opinions.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
You have a very healthy budget. You are on the right track with WF! May I also suggest WolfCBI? 2 top notch vendors. Have you seen I/J color stones in person? Are you (or your SO) comfortable with the tint? What type of setting are you looking at? It will help to break down what you want to spend on the setting so we can suggest stones in the correct price range. So glad you found this forum! Any questions are welcome and there are a lot of savvy experts to help out!

Chris1994

Rough_Rock
Yes! I have seen the I and J color in person and really cannot see a noticeable difference in color. So I feel comfortable with the tint. I have been looking at verragio setting actually. Looks like for the one I am leaning towards is about $4,000 so leaves me a diamond budget for around $16000-21000. For this type of budget would you suggest staying around the color and size I have been leaning towards or would you suggest something else?

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
You mention you are comfortable with the tint, are you going to be wearing it? ( Just want to make sure I understand). My husband and I have different tolerance levels for color…. If you aren’t the one wearing it, is your future fiancé ok with it? SI stones can be a good value, you’ll want to verify how eye clean the diamond is. If you see a stone that interests you, chat with a rep with either company and have them give their opinion on how the stone performs. If I were in your shoes, I would personally go with a VS1 or higher clarity.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Here are two easy options to consider.
https://wolfcbi.com/diamonds/10. It has something going on in the table, but may not be noticeable IRL.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4212254.htm. This is bigger and higher clarity, which come across in the price point.

https://wolfcbi.com/diamonds/15. Hits the 2 carat mark and an I/VS1.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4400981.htm. Right at the top of your budget, but I/VS1.

Edited: to add more options

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! I have seen the I and J color in person and really cannot see a noticeable difference in color. So I feel comfortable with the tint. I have been looking at verragio setting actually. Looks like for the one I am leaning towards is about $4,000 so leaves me a diamond budget for around $16000-21000. For this type of budget would you suggest staying around the color and size I have been leaning towards or would you suggest something else?

Which Verragio setting are you looking at? Is this ring for you or for your GF?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results