shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help with Buying Sapphire

keeks0921

Rough_Rock
The depth of the stone is 6.3mm (9.45mm x 6.8mm x 6.3mm).

I am just waiting on a few more pictures of the stone in different light and a side view, per your requests/recommendations. :)

keeks0921

Rough_Rock
More pictures (continued in next post since limit is 4). What does everyone think?
The setting picture is just because I asked for an example of size--this isn't the setting I would choose :)

img_9598.jpg

img_9599.jpg

img_9600.jpg

img_9601.jpg

keeks0921

Rough_Rock
Pictures, continued.

img_9602.jpg

img_9603.jpg

img_9604.jpg

img_9605.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the color, and it "holds its own" in the setting in that it doesn't just blend into the setting, which is definitely an important factor if you are considering rose gold for the setting and this color peach/rose for the stone.

I think I might see a window in one of the pics (labeled img_9601), but it could be either a tilt window or a trick of the light. It might be good to have the vendor take a pic of the stone in the setting from straight above. That would be more likely to reveal a window if there were one. Other expert eyes are likely going to be better able to pick out potential issues more readily than me--but that's the only thing I see thus far.

It is a beautiful stone!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sideview looks great. Can you request a straight down view of the stone in the setting, rather than the angled ones provided? Just one good close up with the camera perfectly perpendicular to the stone's crown.

keeks0921

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for all your help! We wound up deciding not to go with this particular seller as reviews were coming in that weren't the most favorable. We're uncomfortable buying a ring online with no return policy and questionable reviews. :(sad

We just discovered antique cut diamonds and I'm in LOVE, so I think we're going to go in that route and instead incorporate sapphires into the wedding band.

I really appreciate all the help! It's been making the whole experience a lot less stressful.

kampungboy88

Rough_Rock
hi, sorry to hijack your tread. i was also looking at a sapphire ring for my wedding anniversary and came across a particular one which caught my eye. its a 2.15carat oval blue sapphire. its certified by S.P. Yu from hong kong to be a blue natural sapphre. my question is there is nothing on the certificate that states the enhancement of the stone (like those GIA certs). there is however a column where there is LW ultraviolet and SW ultraviolet which both are non-reactive (i think). so is the stone heated or natural? thank you

p/s cant get a picture of the cert , shop will not allow it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello KampungBoy,
If you start a new thread, more people will see it and respond to it. LW and SW UV has no bearing on whether the stone is heated or natural. I suggest purchasing a stone that comes with a GIA report, rather than from someone relatively unknown.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results