shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with an alternative to Tiffany''s Lucida

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alongshot

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

First, I would like to thank everyone at PS for the tons of valuable information that I have found so far; this site is priceless.

I am thinking about proposing to my girlfriend within the next month. I know she loves Tiffany''s Lucida ring. However, I get the feeling that she does not want me to get it at Tiffany because I can get a better deal online and perhaps a better quality/size diamond. Since that seems to be the case after a little research, what would you recommend? I want to get something very similar to the T&C Lucida ring, 1-1.75 carat, ideal/signature cut, D-G, VVS1-VS2, and spend about 15K.

Thank you so much in advance!

avlis

Shiny_Rock
i see 4 "lucidia" rings on T%C webs site, square, rectangular, bezel set, and 3 stone. which did you have in mind?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you say Ideal cut, that usually means round...

But easy: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2628/ (for example)

Put in Vatche x prong.

Or something like that. At Tiff's, you only had a few options. Now your options are GREATLY expanded in terms of shapes/cuts and settings that would approximate a Lucida.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I would choose a princess cut (or another square type cut, maybe the Square Hearts and Arrows or Lucere) and put it in the Vatche X prong setting. I can vouch for the setting, I have it and am very happy with it. I was not trying to replicate the Lucida however.I wanted a solitaire that was medium width for my round diamond and that had an integrated head, not a peg head, which is what led me to it. But since then, I''ve had several people ask if it was the Lucida (and this is with a round cut diamond) - including a saleslady at Tiffany!!!!
As an alternative, signedpieces.com sells both new and resale designer items and often has Tiffany Lucida rings. Many people (including me) have bought from them and been very satisfied!

alongshot

Rough_Rock
I am interested in the square shape Lucida ring.

lucida.z1.jpg

alongshot

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the advice so far...this is very helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results