shape
carat
color
clarity

need help with a design for vanity.. any interior designers? or?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if someone can help me out.We have been looking to buy a bathroom vanity for quite some time and can't find any that would fit under 3 feet wide.It has to be free standing not a big one but has to have couple of drawers on top for storage and perhaps few more on one side.I wanted something unique and found a pefect top that can be painted glass to match the rest of the interionr.Just need to make the legs and the sides for it.Dont need any water there as its purpose would be strictly make up table.I am suppose to make a drawing of what I want and it can be easily made.Any ideas ? I have searched but no luck...Thanks a lot..
eta: had in mind non wooden legs to make it look slim...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have a Lowe's or Home Depot? Sometimes they have special order catalogs. ETA: thanks for your sweet compliment!!! Blush, you are very sweet yourself!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Skippy: yes I have gone to lots of places ( started to look about 6 monts ago) No luck HD would not even make anything like it as its too small job.We have not have any luck to find one already made, as its not an item they carry these days and if they do it just won''t fit ( the space is small)
We did see one (only once ) that would actually fit it was a lovely little unit with the stool and a mirror, but it was not free standing ,so we had to pass on it.We have a pocket door behind so nothing can be nailed on that wall. Other than that we could not find anything at all.
So the option left is custom made.Found great top for it not too costly and can be customized, just need to find a proper design.That is what prompted me to post here just in case someone has an idea.
Thanks again for the tip to watch Oprah the show was great..yes I want a cd also maybe Costco will have it soon? Thanks a million...

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi! i am not sure you are this desperate but i do have an idea. are you familiar with the old fashion treadle style sewing machines? the ones with the cast iron frames. i own two of those. the iron bases are about 22 inches wide and i have glass tops on them that measure 28 across. that doesn''t solve the drawer problem but you could probably use baskets or some decorative box type thing on top to store the cosmetics or whatever else it is that needs stowing away. another storage idea would be to use the drawers from the machine if they are in good shape. a cute stool and a nice mirror on top and you are all set. mine are stripped entirely of the machine and wood and are only the iron frame and the glass top. hth

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
What is your bathroom style like?

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Crown1: thanks .I think I get the idea what you mean.Sounds very interesting indeed.

Oobiecoo:My bathroom is brownish marble walls, floor and counter top except for white ceiling and I have 2 sinks already. It has a shattered glass as a division between where I want to put the vanity and the toilet .The shattered glass has aluminim frame ( so we were thinking of aluminim legs perhaps.The space is just under 3feet wide, but it would be just enough for a small vanity not too bulky looking.Just want little drawers to store some make up with a little stool under..We have a vision for something with perhaps kidney or pear top with aluminium? or ? legs which are wider on top and slender on the bottom.Sorry I m not very good with this..

DKS: many thanks for the link I have to check it out tomorow.Its late here and I need my beauty sleep now ,but wanted to say thanks...
will let you know after I check it out..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results