shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help....Tacori Setting and Center Stone Reccomendations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cass1968

Rough_Rock
Let me say that I have been extremely impressed with this site and it has provided me with a ton of information. On to my question(s).....I plan on getting engaged in the next several weeks and this past weekend my girlfriend absolutely fell in love with this Tacori Setting (Model#HT2259). Here are my questions:

1) I am planning on getting a 1.4-1.6 Radiant Center Stone, will this stone look good in this setting?

2) What would be a good TCW for the setting? The one we saw this weekend was 1.3, which was overkill in my mine. The other thing to consider here is that she does have larger hands (very tall) and is looking for a 3mm min. band width.

3) Based upon here taste...Is there any other similar settings that some one could reccommend?

Any input that anyone could provide on experiences with any of the suppliers on this site would be helpful as well. I am trying to stay within a budget, but at the same time giver her what she would want.

Thanks.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
GoodoldGold now carries Tacori. they are a very popular vendor here and would find you a fabulous stone. If you GF fell in love with a tacori, I''d get her the Tacori.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HT2259 is the Rosebud..like this? You must be able to get this setting in more than one diamond weight, because where I looked, it was .90 tcw. for the e-ring. Plus, you can get diamonds all the way around or just halfway around. I''d recommend halfway due to sizing issues and price. Another consideration is that is can be good to buy Tacori locally in case you lose a tiny diamond now and then, which we often hear happens. You do have to be careful with Tacori settings. I actually like the Rosebud best with a round stone and would prefer one of the settings designed for a square or rectangular stone if you are getting a radiant. I''ll post another one in a minute.

tacoriHT2259a.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These photos are from this site:

http://www.tokensjewelry.com/tacori.html

This is HT 2509PR, but there are others if you look at the site. If you want something similar without the mark-up, I'd suggest looking at Coast Diamond.

tacoriHT2509PR.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 10:49:48 PM
Author: mrssalvo
GoodoldGold now carries Tacori. they are a very popular vendor here and would find you a fabulous stone. If you GF fell in love with a tacori, I''d get her the Tacori.

2.gif
I agree! DH and I talked about getting a custom made inspired Tacori semi-mount but in the end he wanted me to have the ring of my dreams (stamp and all
9.gif
) That is great that GOG carries Tacori now. I do however agree with DS. I have lost a melee myself and it was much easier that DH bought my setting at a local B&M. Plus I don''t know how much a discount you can really get on a designer setting. I would buy your center diamond from a PS vendor. Good luck! Be sure to post pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results