shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help proposing in Kansas City, Mo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

romanticcop

Rough_Rock
I have been living with my girl for about two years now, and it''s that time! We both enjoy racing and any outdoor activities, however I just cant seem to think of any unique ideas to propose with. I am in desperate need of ideas that are private but capable of lifting her off of her feet. Please let me know your thoughts.
..... I would also like to consider incorporating her 4yr. old son Tyler
love.gif

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Hello romanticop,

I read your previous post. I think that having Tyler participate in the proposal is a wonderful, sweet idea. After living together for two years as a family, you surely have a strong and loving bond with this little boy in that you feel he should be included in this very special event. That's the way it should be.

Given your wish to include Tyler, your simple plan seems the best option. That way, Tyler does not have to remember a big list of things to say and do, and he also does not have to keep a secret for a long time. In the long run, it's that you mean to make this an affair that also includes the boy - that is the part that makes this proposal special and unique. Sure, elaborate plans are fun, and certainly a surprise is fun as well. But a heartfelt plan is certainly the best one. Yours is a heartfelt plan.

Perhaps you could say something to your girl like: I think we should have a family portrait done in the park. This is not an unusual request- you have been living together for two years, and you can certainly convince her that this is something you feel is important. You can throw things into that conversation like you want to give your parents/her parents a formal portrait of the three of you for Christmas. This way, everyone gets dressed up, and heads out to the park, a date gets set, a photographer gets booked, and no suspicions about the actual purpose for the trip to the park should arise.

Coordinate the timing of the proposal with the photographer - perhaps the photographer can request that you and Tyler have a conversation with him that excludes your girl, for the purposes of setting up a special photo. Perhaps that would be the time to let Tyler in on the surprise. Don't let the photographer take most of the pictures BEFORE you propose - you probably want to capture more of the post-proposal pictures.

Best of luck with this.

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Hello romanticcop,

I read your previous post. I think that having Tyler participate in the proposal is a wonderful, sweet idea. After living together for two years as a family, you surely have a strong and loving bond with this little boy in that you feel he should be included in this very special event. That's the way it should be.

Given your wish to include Tyler, your simple plan seems the best option. That way, Tyler does not have to remember a big list of things to say and do, and he also does not have to keep a secret for a long time. In the long run, it's that you mean to make this an affair that also includes the boy - that is the part that makes this proposal special and unique. Sure, elaborate plans are fun, and certainly a surprise is fun as well. But a heartfelt plan is certainly the best one. Yours is a heartfelt plan.

Perhaps you could say something to your girl like: I think we should have a family portrait done in the park. This is not an unusual request- you have been living together for two years, and you can certainly convince her that this is something you feel is important. You can throw things into that conversation like you want to give your parents/her parents a formal portrait of the three of you for Christmas. This way, everyone gets dressed up, and heads out to the park, a date gets set, a photographer gets booked, and no suspicions about the actual purpose for the trip to the park should arise.

Coordinate the timing of the proposal with the photographer - perhaps the photographer can request that you and Tyler have a conversation with him that excludes your girl, for the purposes of setting up a special photo. Perhaps that would be the time to let Tyler in on the surprise. Don't let the photographer take most of the pictures BEFORE you propose - you probably want to capture more of the post-proposal pictures.

Best of luck with this.

romanticcop

Rough_Rock
Gale,
Thanks for the idea about the christmas photo. I seem to lack in the ability to create convincing excuses, although I think this one will work. I also agree that she and the rock will sparkle much more after the proposal. I can't say thanks enough! I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

diamond_noob

Rough_Rock
Just an idea, but could you get one of your friends of family members to "give" you a gift certificate to get your family pic taken? That way, it wouldn't seem like it was your idea and might catch her off guard.

Gale

Shiny_Rock
That gift certificate idea is really good for the photos is brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results