shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help picking a band to go with new ring

Blondegirl

Rough_Rock
This is my first post so hoping I don’t mess it up! I just celebrated a big anniversary and finally got an emerald cut which is what I always wanted. I’m playing around with some bands but don’t want to take away from center stone and just haven’t found the right one yet. Any suggestions? 0B0ECAFA-E08B-4CFA-88CA-051A5C1104C4.jpeg B1B498C0-5111-4E0F-8C53-B2118C777C5D.jpeg 3ACB63BE-822F-49AB-8BA4-FD19C9A040E2.jpeg

Blondegirl

Rough_Rock
You can go the royal route and just wear a plain yellow gold band with it.

Yes that’s why I tried the gold band but not sure it’s too much with the setting. I do love the pop of gold

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes that’s why I tried the gold band but not sure it’s too much with the setting. I do love the pop of gold

Sorry you mean of the photos you posted or ones not in the photos?

id just go as plain as possible- just high carat gold in like a 3mm ish range

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the first pic the most. I think a channel set of some kind with step cuts would be lovely.

Blondegirl

Rough_Rock
Sorry you mean of the photos you posted or ones not in the photos?

id just go as plain as possible- just high carat gold in like a 3mm ish range

I guess I was just showing things i either owned or had looked at . Clearly I wasn’t sure about any of them haha. Will try plain - thank you!

Blondegirl

Rough_Rock
I like the first pic the most. I think a channel set of some kind with step cuts would be lovely.

I was thinking of a step cut band but felt like maybe a little extra sparkle would be nice which is what led me to try that princess cut channel band

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i like the skinny eternity with your ring if you want sparkle, otherwise a plain band always looks classy imho!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking of a step cut band but felt like maybe a little extra sparkle would be nice which is what led me to try that princess cut channel band

Right. I just wouldn't want the brilliant cuts to out sparkle your gorgeous emerald cut.

Blondegirl

Rough_Rock
i like the skinny eternity with your ring if you want sparkle, otherwise a plain band always looks classy imho!

I always feel like my hands are so big and that skinny band doesn’t take up enough room on my finger

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always feel like my hands are so big and that skinny band doesn’t take up enough room on my finger

I think you could stack a few skinny ones (this width of that micro pave one you have in one of the photos) if you wanted that stacked look. I’d go thin tho. With more than one I don’t think you’d have to worry about your size of hands. I see no issue with your hand size but I know how everyone had things they’re self conscious about

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i also don’t think a micro pave would take away anything from your center e ring- but I personally prefer bands with metal ribbons on the side to match the lines of step cut stones.

Blondegirl

Rough_Rock
i also don’t think a micro pave would take away anything from your center e ring- but I personally prefer bands with metal ribbons on the side to match the lines of step cut stones.

My finger is a size 5.75 so not huge but I’m tall so my hands are larger. I’m used to wearing big rings. What are metal ribbons?

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is so beautiful! I love the channel set one & the plain one. Congratulations & happy anniversary!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Love the look of the channel set. On more informal days you could switch it up with a plain, thin yellow band. Your emerald is gorgeous!!

Blondegirl

Rough_Rock
Love the look of the channel set. On more informal days you could switch it up with a plain, thin yellow band. Your emerald is gorgeous!!

Thank you!

Blondegirl

Rough_Rock
Like these, with metal on either side rather than the example you have
936D30E8-F1B9-4A74-98E0-745DF3B70BC7.jpeg BA63E48A-F5BC-4BFF-9947-34E2BEF4F376.jpeg

Isn’t that like the channel band I have in the picture? Channel set with princess cuts though it does have some milgrain. Also love a French cut band but wondering if that would be weird with the step cut

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No it’s not exactly channel set if you did a round it would be called bead set

Blondegirl

Rough_Rock
No it’s not exactly channel set if you did a round it would be called bead set

Oooh I see - it doesn’t have the bars between each stone?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful! Congratulations on getting what you really wanted, yay!
In my opinion, very simple keeps the focus on your gorgeous 5 stone. So many times the bands are distracting. Of the pictures you posted I like the last one, the plain band.
Btw, maybe start a SMTB thread on your new beauty, we’d love to hear more!

Blondegirl

Rough_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! Congratulations on getting what you really wanted, yay!
In my opinion, very simple keeps the focus on your gorgeous 5 stone. So many times the bands are distracting. Of the pictures you posted I like the last one, the plain band.
Btw, maybe start a SMTB thread on your new beauty, we’d love to hear more!

Ha well that’s convenient because that’s the band I own lol. Picked it up so I had something with my ring. I have a big eternity band and it looks absolutely ridiculous with that ring. My first ring was so little that it needed the extra bling. What’s a SMTB thread? Remember I’m new

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well that is convenient! :lol: Sorry, SMTB=Show Me The Bing. It’s where we show off our new blingies!

Welcome to Pricescope! :wavey:

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I’m just in here to drool over your emerald cut diamond ring. It’s gorgeous!! That’s also my dream stone. Congrats!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring, and congrats on your milestone anniversary! I love a simple thin metal band to make a special ring really pop.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results