shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help on how to ask my girlfriend to marry me

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Eric3182

Rough_Rock
I already bought the ring for her but dont know how i should propose to her there is no dought it my mind i realy want to do it soon but i want to make it realy spacial so if u have any ideas let me know thank u
naughty.gif

kw48653

Rough_Rock
there are some great deals on airfare for labor day weekend. take her someplace nice and ask her somewhere cool and say something that your girl would want to hear. i think it works out best if you fill in the someplace, somewhere and something with stuff that has relevance to the both of you. good luck.

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
You definitely want to read through some of the posts here. There's lots of discussion on ways people have proposed or will propose. In my opinion, the first step in a proposal is just thinking. Think about what she likes (and what she doesn't so you can avoid it). Think about places, events and people that are significant to the two of you. Can any of these places, events and people be part of your proposal? As you begin to develop your ideas think about how she will feel. Is she a private person or a public person? Will a public proposal be scary or embarrassing or would she love the attention? Would she want her family to know before or after? What will put her in a happy state of mind leading up to the proposal? Do be sure to think of her thoughts and feelings in your planning, but don't forget about your own. You need to be comfortable too.

For myself I chose a place with beautiful scenery and a reasonable amount of privacy. In my case it was a place we had never been together, but places associated with positive memories for the two of you can be among the very best proposal sites.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
You know your girlfriend best: would she rather have a public engagement (like via JumboTron) or a private one (picnic at a lakeside)? My roommate thinks the best engagement idea ever is for her bf to fly her to New York, take her to see a Broadway show, eat at the fanciest restaurant and propose in the most expensive hotel room with a fabulous view. Does that sound like something she'd like?

I think the best proposal is for him to take me someplace beautiful, or maybe someplace that has meaning to us personally, and just tell me how much I mean to him and that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me. Does that sound like something she'd like?

It's all about the setting...what do you think would make her most comfortable, and likely to say yes??
2.gif

Diamond Angel

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 8/27/2004 12:10:23 PM JimDiamond wrote:

For myself I chose a place with beautiful scenery and a reasonable amount of privacy. In my case it was a place we had never been together, but places associated with positive memories for the two of you can be among the very best proposal sites. ----------------

jim diamond's plan sounds purrrrrfect to me...

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
One of our friends proposed by recreating his first date with his now fiancee. He planned every single thing just as it had been four years previously. She was stunned at how much detail he remembered and the lengths he went to make it all happen.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results