shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help on Dress Selection!! Pls Help! Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
It's not fun shopping for dresses especially when all my family and close friends are back home... and I'm alone here
7.gif
. Thank goodness, most of the sales associates that I met are all VERY NICE and helpful, which really helped.

Went to at least 6 shops and tried on dozens of dresses, checking pre-owned dresses websites and ebay every other day... and I've doubled my dress budget in order to have a bigger selection of dresses. Anyhow, here are a few that I had shortlisted:

My reception is more like a Wedding Banquet at a Chinese restaurant by the waters. So other than liking the dress, I've to ensure that it's "proper" as well... as my FI's family is pretty traditional Chinese.

Edit: I forgot to mention earlier that I'm only 5'2" and therefore need a dress that doesn't not make me look any shorter.

Dress 1: Melissa Sweet Fern

Thanks in advance!

Melissa Sweet Fern Dress.jpg

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Dress 2: Lea-Ann Belter Dress

Lea-Ann Belter Dress.JPG

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if you''re done posting yet, but I love the Lea Ann over the MS...which is odd because I''m usually drawn to more flowy/lacey styles!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Opps.. Sorry for the earlier BIG picture!

Here is Dress 3: Rivini Sample Dress (not in a fantastic condition though)

Hopefully it''s not too big this time.

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks SunnyD! I''m not done posting yet but thanks nonetheless.

Here''s Dress 3 again since it didn''t attach in my last post: Rivini Sample

Rivini Dress.jpg

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Dress 4: Romona Keveza Legends Dress

The place doesn't allow me to take pictures and here's the dress from runway.

This is the last dress for now. Appreciate all feedback. Thank you!

Romona Keveza Legends Dress.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
My favorite of these on you is the Lee Ann Belter. It looks lovely on you!

(You have great taste, by the way!)

mjso

Shiny_Rock
Dress #2 is my fav too!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 12:13:07 AM
Author: EBree

+1

That Lee Ann Belter dress looks amazing on you! Incredibly flattering.

I know how hard it is doing this by yourself. I, for the most part, have had to do the same so kudos to you for some great selections and a possible winner!
36.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/17/2009 12:16:07 AM
Author: Sparkalicious

+1

I know how hard it is doing this by yourself. I, for the most part, have had to do the same so kudos to you for some great selections and a possible winner!
36.gif
Make that +2 here -- you are adoreable! you pretty much look great in everything BTW. But here''s the way i would rank them:

#2 for sure!!! the lee ann belter dress looks AMAZING on you...the neckline (love it) is perfect and i love the gathering on it. I would swear you were WAY taller than you say you are - the lines are really lengthening.

#3 the ravini - lovely on you! the only thing i like better about the LeeAnn belter is the neckline - i prefer the gathered top.

#4 would probably be very nice, but i would really need to see it on you.

#1 i like the idea of it (and i love melissa sweet) but i think there''s too much skirt for your teeny frame....it just seems to overwhelm you and i was really surprised at how streamlined you looked in #2 after looking at that.

I''d love to know what you like!!!!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for your kind words. You have great taste for sure. I'd enjoyed your wedding pictures, it's lovely!

ETA: May I know which is your 2nd fav of those that I had listed? Thanks!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 12:16:01 AM
Author: mjso
Dress #2 is my fav too!

Thanks for voting! May I know what is your 2nd choice of those that I had listed? Thanks!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like #2, with #3 close behind! Both are beautiful and sophisticated, and seem to flatter your figure. I like #1 in theory but I think it would tend to make you look too young.

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock

+1

36.gif

Thanks for your encouragement! I''m so late in buying the gown (wedding on early Jul 09) but is not willing to give up without giving a good shot. It''s been tough whenever they ask if I will bring my family or friends back to decide on the dress
7.gif
... not really when they are like 18hr flight away from me. A pat on the back for you since you did it on your own too. :) How''s your custom dress coming along? Are you still going ahead with it?

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 12:26:24 AM
Author: violet3

+1

36.gif

Make that +2 here -- you are adoreable! you pretty much look great in everything BTW. But here''s the way i would rank them:

#2 for sure!!! the lee ann belter dress looks AMAZING on you...the neckline (love it) is perfect and i love the gathering on it. I would swear you were WAY taller than you say you are - the lines are really lengthening.

#3 the ravini - lovely on you! the only thing i like better about the LeeAnn belter is the neckline - i prefer the gathered top.

#1 i like the idea of it (and i love melissa sweet) but i think there''s too much skirt for your teeny frame....it just seems to overwhelm you and i was really surprised at how streamlined you looked in #2 after looking at that.

Wow.. thanks for such a detail review! Really appreciate it and thanks for your kind words.

Looks like most folks like the Lea-Ann dress. Funny thing that was holding me back on this dress is that it makes my boobs way bigger than normal... which I am not used to. It''s not even that padded.. just the folds and design that seemed to enhance it.

It''s a toss between #2 and #4. Like you, I like the neckline and the folds for the Lea-Ann dress and it''s SO SO light (great for a clumsy woman like me). I also like the simplicity of #4 and it makes me look taller as it''s at my natural waist instead of a dropped waist.

I''ll try to see if I can go to another shop that allows me to take picture of the #4 dress.

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 1:06:46 AM
Author: VRBeauty
I like #2, with #3 close behind! Both are beautiful and sophisticated, and seem to flatter your figure. I like #1 in theory but I think it would tend to make you look too young.

Thanks for mentioning the "too young" part! It didn''t cross my mind but it''s definitely important point as I''m definitely not in the "young" category!!
1.gif
My friend who is more on the traditional side mentioned that it looks like more a "lingerie" due to the fabric. As much as I like it alot, it''s not my top choice now. :)

Thanks for chiming in!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I agree we''d probably need to see #4 on you, but so far of the 3 with pictures, the LA one looks the best.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I just showed all four photos to my DH and asked him to pick. He picked #2 as well. He said it looked the best to him.
1.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock

+1

36.gif

I agree with violet3 100%! I couldn''t have said it any better
1.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
# 2 all the way! You look stunning in it.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/17/2009 1:17:17 AM
Author: GoodSoul

+1

36.gif

Wow.. thanks for such a detail review! Really appreciate it and thanks for your kind words.

Looks like most folks like the Lea-Ann dress. Funny thing that was holding me back on this dress is that it makes my boobs way bigger than normal... which I am not used to. It''s not even that padded.. just the folds and design that seemed to enhance it.

It''s a toss between #2 and #4. Like you, I like the neckline and the folds for the Lea-Ann dress and it''s SO SO light (great for a clumsy woman like me). I also like the simplicity of #4 and it makes me look taller as it''s at my natural waist instead of a dropped waist.

I''ll try to see if I can go to another shop that allows me to take picture of the #4 dress.

Here''s the thing about the highlighted quote above...i think this is one of the main reasons i picked the LeaAnn dress. This is not to say that you need the extra boobage up top (the others looked lovely as well) but the overall proportions were really really nice with the size of your waist and hips.

Even though it might look to you like your chest looks much bigger, i think the overall softness of the gathered neckline will balance that out and give you a nice feminine (but not overly chesty) look. I would NEVER look at that picture (even compared to the others ) and think it was unnatural looking in the top.

Having said that, you have to feel comfortable in your dress...there is no way around that. If you chose ANY of the above 4 dresses, you would look lovely - I would LOVE to see a picture of you in #4 if you can get one!!!

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
i prefer #1.

#2 looks the best on your now, but i think once #1 is altered and fitted it will be the best fit for you. strapless satin dresses can end up giving you a shelf on your chest and I''m just not a fan of that. I think a softer dress will look better on your petite frame and really highlight how small you are.

tlh

Ideal_Rock

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
as a dress the first one is my favorite, I adore everything about it. BUT for YOU the Lee Ann Belter, you look gorgeous in all the dresses, but that one is outstanding on you!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Good Soul! Sorry you are feeling alone
8.gif

I like the Lee Ann one as well, but number 4 is gorgeous! I love that dress...we''d have to see it on you. If 4 looks as good on you as #2, then I would chose #4!!!

Good luck!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Dress #2 looks absolutely fantastic on you!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Add me to the "fans of #2" list!!

You DO have wonderful taste! Such an awesome collection you''ve narrowed it down to! If I had to choose a second choice I would probably go for the Rivini but I absolutely LOVE Romona Kevaza. I wish I could have afforded one of those gowns!

I can relate to feeling a little alone in the dress shopping. My parents and closest friends are far away from me too. Good thing bridal consultants are normally willing to help!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi GoodSoul,

I do agree with most that no. 2 looks fantastic on you. I love the first dress, though, and when properly fitted, I bet it would be just darling on you.

You mentioned in your initial post that the dress must be proper too. What does this mean, exaclty? Not sure what the criteria must be, but I''d be interested to know.

Also, because you mentioned that you were looking at preowned wedding dress sites, I wanted to share http://www.encorebridal.com/ with you. I bought my veil from them and had a great experience. The site never came up during my initial searches. I somehow found it through a link, from another link, type search. Thought you might want to have a look!

Good luck in your search. You will be a beautiful bride no matter which dress you choose!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
lliang_chi, violet02, Octavia, redfaerythinker, violet3, lala2332, tlh, Lanie, elrohwen, Clairitek, Loves Vintage & Definitely, Maybe : Thanks for all your feedback! Much appreciated.

Looks like #2 gets the most vote!! I really need to hunt down a place to take a photo in order to give #4 a fair chance!

Loves Vintage, I mentioned being "proper" as my FI''s family is on the traditional side and preferably the dress should look a little traditional. I think Fern may not be where they feel that it''s traditional given the fabric. I also have to ensure that it''s not too revealing as well . If I ever get anything from pre-owned sites, I can never ever tell them as well.
3.gif
I''ve checked out encorebridal.com and also bridepower.com, pre-ownedweddingdress.com, oncewed.com and some others recommended by the good folks here. Thanks for feedback on encorebridal.com as it definitely helps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results