shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help on Dress Selection!! Pls Help! Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
#4 is amazing looking! See if you can find a salon that will let you take a pic or see if you can sneak one!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Shucks I love #1 but I see I''m out-voted. I do think #2 and 3 look greaty as well though. Not loving 4 as much but that''s just me:)

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 12:42:19 AM
Author: GoodSoul
Date: 2/17/2009 12:13:07 AM

Author: EBree

My favorite of these on you is the Lee Ann Belter. It looks lovely on you!

(You have great taste, by the way!)

Thanks for your kind words. You have great taste for sure. I'd enjoyed your wedding pictures, it's lovely!

ETA: May I know which is your 2nd fav of those that I had listed? Thanks!

Thank you!
1.gif

My second favorite going by design is the Romona Keveza (so elegant!), but I'm hesitant to vote for sure without seeing it on you. If you loved it, though, that's what matters, so I'll say the RK for second choice!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Of the ones you have pictured, I like #2 the best. I think you are a little too short to have your body divided and dresses #1 and #3 clearly have a break between the top and the bottom. #2 is broken up with the belted design, but it is better integrated into the design of the dress and doesn''t look so delineated to me. For this reason, I would really like to see you in dress #4, because I think it would be my favorite. I definitely think you nailed it with the neckline and the soft A-line.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote #2 also. My order would be
#2,
#3, #4 (tie)

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I like #1 or #2 the best... Just MHO!!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
#2 for the win
21.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
2 is my favorite, and 3 is close behind but doesn''t seem to give you the great hourglass shape that 2 does.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Definitely the #2 dress - so flattering on you!!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
blackbetty : Thanks. #4 RK is a very nice dress. I love the simplicity of it. The only other Bay Area shop does not carry this dress and wants to charge me $150 (refundable upon order) for them to bring it in. I guess I will go back to the original shop and trick the lady to go out and sneak a picture. They were so strict... they brought in one dress at a time and helped me change and once done, they helped me out of the dress and brought out the dress even though I said it's shortlisted. I was never left alone with the dress. Nice folks but strange policy.

Kelli: I LOVE #1 MS Fern and was so into it last week and even got a company to locate a sample for me ($50 fee) and they found one today!!!! Now I am hesitating as I found some other potentials (#2 - #4) over last weekend!! Arghh!!! Thanks for your input!

Ebree: Thanks for popping by again. I understand that I need to get a picture in order to give you guys a better idea. I will work on that.
1.gif

katamari: Wow! You said it all that I felt. I am concerned that other dresses may cut me off and Lea-Ann one is subtle and #4 doesn't do it as much. Thanks!!

tyty333: Thanks for ranking your preference!

Tuckins1: Wow.. #2 seems like a clear favorite here. Thanks!

purrfectpear: #2 is definitely the winner for now. Thanks!

jstarfireb: #3 was still a little loose and I think A-line in #2 provides the more hourglass look. I love how all these designs give all the strange illusions!!!
9.gif
Never knew I have much of a waist since I'm a loose tee and jeans kind of person. Thanks for your input!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 9:15:49 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Definitely the #2 dress - so flattering on you!!

Thanks!

#2 seemed to be such a clear winner but I know that I need to give #4 a shot! I will try to sneak a photo by this weekend and hopefully you guys can let me know if #2 is still the winner!!

Thanks!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for #2 over here, but I agree that it would be great to see a pic of you in #4.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 1:55:38 PM
Author: Kelli
Shucks I love #1 but I see I''m out-voted. I do think #2 and 3 look greaty as well though. Not loving 4 as much but that''s just me:)

Me too!

#1, followed by #2
1.gif

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
I like #3 best, and then #2 is a close close 2nd.
do you have a favorite?

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE dress #1, BUT on you, I think #2 looks better. It may be that dress #1 was too big and it''s not hugging you the way it should be, but #2 looks fabulous on you!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 12:07:18 AM
Author: pocahontas
Another vote for #2 over here, but I agree that it would be great to see a pic of you in #4.

Thanks!! I hope to get some #4 pictures by this weekend!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 3:10:15 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Date: 2/17/2009 1:55:38 PM

Author: Kelli

Me too!

#1, followed by #2
1.gif

Thanks for your vote! I love #1 as a dress but not so sure when on me .. hmmm..

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
#2 but I want to see #4 on you!!!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 7:52:30 AM
Author: iloveprincesscuts
I like #3 best, and then #2 is a close close 2nd.

do you have a favorite?

Thanks for your vote.

As for favorite... how about a favorite part of each dress!! Hahahahhaa!!!!

I really love #1 as a dress... but not so sure on me and if its proper for the wedding.
I really love #2 as it''s the lightest dress that I had tried on! I know I''ll be very comfortable in it.
I really love #3 as it makes my tummy really flat looking (I''m more of a 2D person - flat and wide)
I really love #4 as it''s very simple and has that understated elegance to it... and most importantly makes me feel taller/leaner.

I''m normally a frugal person and for anything more than $200, it takes me forever to decide and justify.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I love #4!!!!

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
Hi Goodsoul, I love #1 it looks really beautiful I like the detail and the shape on the top, but I would definitely check on the #4 when you get the chance to try it on and take pics.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 1:09:34 AM
Author: GoodSoul
Thanks for your encouragement! I''m so late in buying the gown (wedding on early Jul 09) but is not willing to give up without giving a good shot. It''s been tough whenever they ask if I will bring my family or friends back to decide on the dress
7.gif
... not really when they are like 18hr flight away from me. A pat on the back for you since you did it on your own too. :) How''s your custom dress coming along? Are you still going ahead with it?
Oh GoodSoul - You are most welcome. Happy to offer any encouragement that I can!
28.gif
With that resilient spirit of yours you are going to find your perfect dress and you''ll have it well in advance of your wedding date.

Friends and family do not appear to be as good at this dress selection help thing as I might have previously thought. Better that you do go by yourself, in a sense, right? Helps squash the "noise" or distraction that the conflicting opinions of a few friends and family can create. You know what you like. It''s just finding it that is the hard part. Now that you''ve found a few possibles you just need to narrow down which one makes you feel the best.

Thank you, kindly, for inquiring about "my" dress ... I''m happy to report that I''ve found one! I''m still going ahead with custom but not in the way that I thought initially ... The other custom process just didn''t afford me enough "control" over the outcome so I just didn''t feel comfortable going ahead with it. Again, thanks for remembering!
35.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Goodsoul, I''m sorry your feeling lonely as you go about your dress hunt. Hopefully all our choices can help you see what having lots opinions make the choice that much harder
31.gif
I say that because I seem to be in the majority, but I think #3 looks so beautiful on you. The dress is very feminine and wispy looking, sort of a traditional timeless look to it. I think #4 is pretty as well, but I''m not loving the flouncy bow on the side.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love number 2 on you and I''d say number 4 would look amazing on you too!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 9:37:25 AM
Author: Lanie
Hi Good Soul! Sorry you are feeling alone
8.gif

I like the Lee Ann one as well, but number 4 is gorgeous! I love that dress...we''d have to see it on you. If 4 looks as good on you as #2, then I would chose #4!!!

Good luck!

Totally agree with Lanie here. I love #4. If it looks as amazing as #2, I would also chose #4.

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
BeachRunner: Thanks!! #1 is a bit bigger and there''s lots of fabric at the bottom. #2 was the right size for me if I remember correctly.

FrekeChild: Thanks!! For the #4 dress, I called the shop again and explain my situation where I want to take photo for my family back home to help the decision making, they still said no.
8.gif

goldenstar: #4 is really nice in person too! Thanks!

xoxo: I fell in love with another Melissa Sweet dress base on a picture from Brides.com and Crownjewel helped to identify the dress but it''s not sold anywhere and Fern was the closest. I fell in love with this dress due to the top part of it. Thanks! Will try to sneak a picture of #4 soon.

Sparkalicious: I know what you mean by too many folks will provide too much noise. I had asked some of my co-workers-turned-friends to go with me once and I realized that our tastes in wedding dress are very different and it made it more difficult. I saw your dress design in the other thread and that is one beautiful dress. Congras on your decision! Can''t wait to see the finished product on you! Thanks for popping again.

mayachel: Thanks! #3 is a very pretty dress and I do feel very feminine in it! #4 bow is a detachable sash that doesn''t come with the dress. I like the organza/Chiffon sash as it lends a softer touch to the dress but not a fan of the big bow/flower too. Clumsy me sure wouldn''t know what to do with it while holding onto the hand bouquet.
3.gif

bee* The bridal consultant also thought that #4 looks amazing on me too !!
3.gif
However, that''s based on the other dresses that I had tried on at her shop, not the ones that I had posted here. Thanks for your input!

CDNinNYC: More votes for #4!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Now I have to really sneak a picture.!!! Thank you!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Dress # 2 is my favorite, too!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks MsCushion!

I will be posting #4 dress with me in it. My co-worker managed to sneak a picture. Let me know if #2 is still your favorite.

Thanks!!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Here is #4 with me in it. The waist was folded up a little to show the "British" cut which is meant for Petite fit. Hence there are some gathers/folds there which should not be there once properly fitted.

The sash is detachable and i have yet to decide on which one yet.

Your comments are much appreciated!!

Thank you!!

RK L_Dress with Marisa Belt.jpg

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
oh goodsoul, I love it on you it looks very elegant and the back with the ribbon is pretty. But I also love the first one, btw with the first one since you found it on sample sale does that mean its half off?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results