shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help on 3ct I/ IF round

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw I/VVS1 vs I/IF, almost same price. Why would on earth I want VVS1 for same price LOL

Scratching my head. As others have said, I-IF doesn't make sense to me. I would have done DEF/VVS1 myself.
Is it bragging rights that you want?
As far as VVS1 vs IF for the same price, I still would have picked the better cut one.
Have you posted the lab report somewhere?
Btw, I have owned diamonds from D through Q, and guess what the Q-VVS2 out performs my D-VS2. It is all in the cutting.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As far as VVS1 vs IF for the same price, I still would have picked the better cut one.

Btw, I have owned diamonds from D through Q, and guess what the Q-VVS2 out performs my D-VS2. It is all in the cutting.
nod.gif
hi501.gif

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scratching my head. As others have said, I-IF doesn't make sense to me. I would have done DEF/VVS1 myself.
We tried that line of reasoning earlier in this thread. Didn't work then :(

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you worked in the industry you must be aware that the type of inclusion can make a difference in the performance. It is possible and quite probable to find vs1-vvs1 with inclusions that have zero impact on performance. That leaves you more budget to go up in color and to purchase a better cut stone. However, often times what is stuck in our heads stay there, even if the info is inaccurate. If it’s on my finger I can’t go below a vs2. My mental issue. We all have them.

ponyrider

Rough_Rock
Still waiting for picts of the diamond!!

acted

Rough_Rock
Of course, when compare prices I always check 4Cs of each one.
I was talking about same cut, color, size and clarity. 3 were matched well excepted clarity IF is better than VVS1 :)
The one I picked has 3 in excellent

acted

Rough_Rock
If you worked in the industry you must be aware that the type of inclusion can make a difference in the performance. It is possible and quite probable to find vs1-vvs1 with inclusions that have zero impact on performance. That leaves you more budget to go up in color and to purchase a better cut stone. However, often times what is stuck in our heads stay there, even if the info is inaccurate. If it’s on my finger I can’t go below a vs2. My mental issue. We all have them.
Neither me. I can't go bellow VVS1 with 1 or 2 pinpoints. But VVS1 stones with feather, or three or more pinpoints, I'd pass...no look back not even second chance.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Vid resolution is a little low at 240p.

Can notice some fire and brilliance as the camera is moved around. But otherwise, hard to really comment further.

Hope you are enjoying your new stone.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
@acted
I am new to PriceScope and diamond knowledge but this group helped me buy a beautiful brilliant round diamond. 3.4 carats. I bought 3 previously, without their help. All 3 were triple excellent GIA diamonds. None of them had the sparkle, fire and shine I was looking for. I returned each one. Then I found the help I needed as a novice here. Have you used the HCA tool provided on PS? Being a triple excellent GIA is sadly not the answer to finding a gorgeous stone. Hopefully, your new stone is drop dead gorgeous in person. But if it isn’t, I highly recommend you return it and then use the recommendations here along with the diamond search tool and the HCA. Wishing you the best!!

acted

Rough_Rock
@acted
I am new to PriceScope and diamond knowledge but this group helped me buy a beautiful brilliant round diamond. 3.4 carats. I bought 3 previously, without their help. All 3 were triple excellent GIA diamonds. None of them had the sparkle, fire and shine I was looking for. I returned each one. Then I found the help I needed as a novice here. Have you used the HCA tool provided on PS? Being a triple excellent GIA is sadly not the answer to finding a gorgeous stone. Hopefully, your new stone is drop dead gorgeous in person. But if it isn’t, I highly recommend you return it and then use the recommendations here along with the diamond search tool and the HCA. Wishing you the best!!
Thanks for recommending !

I used HCA here. It turned out .9
3.03ct
depth: 61.3
table: 57
crown angle: 33.5
crown height: 14.5
pavilion Angle: 40.8
pavilion depth: 43
9.27 - 9.34 x 5.70

acted

Rough_Rock
Vid resolution is a little low at 240p.

Can notice some fire and brilliance as the camera is moved around. But otherwise, hard to really comment further.

Hope you are enjoying your new stone.
I do not know how to upload videos. Whatever it came out.
Those 2 videos I made in darkroom. The only lighting was my iPhone 7 plus LOL

Last edited:

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What it didn’t say (but can be implied) is that SI1 and above clarity stones may be better for fire.

Brightness can go down if a stone has more body colour (that’s like if I put a coloured filter on the head of a flashlight, the brightness out the front will be less than if I had left the flashlight alone). But if this is not coupled with a well cut stone, the stone will look even less bright.

Buying high colour-clarity is no guarantee that the stone will be a good performer. What it does guarantee you of is that it is “rarer” in nature. That’s all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results