shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help in Search of Princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
There are a couple of things I don't like about that stone. First, I1 clarity with that big black dot in the middle is unlikely to be eye-clean. Second, an IGI cert means that the color and clarity are likely to be off a few grades. And third, the cut is only "good," which in reality means it's not likely to be a lively, sparkly stone.

To get closer to what you want in size, I'd drop the color quite a bit, but stick with clarity better than I1 and go for a GIA cert, so you know you're getting what you're paying for. And don't compromise on cut! Princesses have a reputation for having less sparkle than rounds because the majority of them aren't well cut. But the best cut princesses can give a round diamond a run for its money. Here are a few suggestions from JA (I picked ones that looked like they're cut well):
0.86 F/VS2
1.00 J/VS2 - J color gets you to the 1ct mark while still remaining eye-clean
0.82 G/VS2 - one of my faves in terms of cut
0.82 H/VS2
0.81 H/VS2 - *this would be my pick* because it looks to be the best cut, has good spread, and H/VS2 is a really nice combo
0.90 J/VS2

ETA: These all happen to be VS clarity, but an eye-clean SI will save you some cash. Just didn't see any that I liked on JA.

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
Something like this would be my choice

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
I won''t be much help with your question, but, I just had to say I like the thread title:). It caught my attention!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The two ladies above have you covered and give excellent advice and suggestions.

vtine214

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your replies! jstarfireb thanks for your very detailed response. I''m planning to contact JA tomorrow. I just hope that they''ll be able to set it in my current setting. OR do you recommend just buying the loose stone and having it set by a jeweler here? I''m actually located in MD...not far from the JA''s Frederick, MD office.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2009 8:17:31 PM
Author: vtine214
Thank you all for your replies! jstarfireb thanks for your very detailed response. I''m planning to contact JA tomorrow. I just hope that they''ll be able to set it in my current setting. OR do you recommend just buying the loose stone and having it set by a jeweler here? I''m actually located in MD...not far from the JA''s Frederick, MD office.
It can be best to have the diamond set by the vendor who sold it in case anything happens, such as the diamond getting damaged. This is rare but worth bearing in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results