shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding round solitaire .please!

DanB26

Rough_Rock
Ok so I've been learking around for several months now but it seems the more I learn the more confused I get. my girlfriend and I have been together for 16 years so needless to say it's time to make an honest women of her. I know she wants a round solitaire with a simple white gold setting. I would like to get as close to 1.0 carrot as possible but smaller is ok.and I know cut is the most important but as for color and clarity just want the best for my budget I have a budget of $5k. I know this is pretty vague but I figure I would get better advice here vs the over priced mall store. So if someone can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate that.

Thanks
Dan

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go for I color in an eye clean SI clarity. [emoji1360]

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006 said:
If $5000 is just for the diamond:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3667833.htm (***This is priced lower than some stones they have listed with the same specs. Prices will vary as to when they bought the stones. In fact, there is a .90 I SI1 that costs more than this VS2, so this is a good value for a top cut stone.)

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3625397.htm

OMG! An ACA in that size for less than $5K??!! Niiiiice find, DS -- VERY nice! [emoji1373]

Edit: so I just noticed it's not quite ACA, but damn, that's nice!!

DanB26

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your help. The one that Diamond seeker link too looks nice. Should I ask for a ideal scope image or any further info befor purchasing ?

Q

Queenie60

All photos and images are posted on their website, look directly under the diamond and you can see the h/a image, ASET and idealscope. Both stones look nice - have Diamondseeker suggest which one she feels is a nicer stone? Good luck, can't wait to see the final product. Keep us posted. :wavey:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DanB26 said:
Thank you everyone for your help. The one that Diamond seeker link too looks nice. Should I ask for a ideal scope image or any further info befor purchasing ?

If you could stretch the budget s little and get the ACA, there is no need for any additional documents. Those are the best of the best.

Q

Queenie60

I agree with Msop04! Can't go wrong with the ACA and there is an upgrade policy in the event you wish to upgrade in the future. Good luck :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ACA is a great deal. If you can stretch a couple hundred, I really would get that one. If that's not possible, the other one is great, too! It's not a bad idea to put the one you think you might want on hold, because there are lurkers here looking for stone recommendations. The .90 range is a popular size.

sherryberrybear

Rough_Rock
Hi DanB,

Not sure if you're still considering the 0.908ct I/VS2 ACA that DiamondSeeker linked but wanted to show you a picture of the actual diamond. I almost purchased that stone and ended up going with an I/SI1 that was slightly whiter. In the picture attached, the I/VS2 is the stone on the right and gives you a nice comparison on how it falls in the "I" range compared to another "I" stone.

Hope it helps!
tray_0.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sherryberrybear|1464041872|4035411 said:
Hi DanB,

Not sure if you're still considering the 0.908ct I/VS2 ACA that DiamondSeeker linked but wanted to show you a picture of the actual diamond. I almost purchased that stone and ended up going with an I/SI1 that was slightly whiter. In the picture attached, the I/VS2 is the stone on the right and gives you a nice comparison on how it falls in the "I" range compared to another "I" stone.

Hope it helps!
tray_0.jpg

Thanks for those images, sherry! Both look very white -- even upside down! :love:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, I hope you've decided on the ACA! That's the best you'll do cut-wise...

sherryberrybear

Rough_Rock
I ABSOLUTELY agree! My boyfriend and I were shopping with the same budget so we did quite a bit of research. I think this I/VS2 is a phenomenal price for being ACA as well. If only I wasn't so color sensitive with solitaires... :wall:

Edit: question- would anyone feel as confident buying from WF's virtual selection? I know that they don't qualify in their upgrade policy but there's so much more selection!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sherry...All vendors can access virtual listings, but I use WF because they have already selected top of the line stones for their inventory.

Thanks for posting the pictures! The diamonds do look great!

DanB26

Rough_Rock
Wow I really am blown away by how helpful everyone has been . I was really overwhelmed by this whole process but coming here has taken the anxiety out of this experience. Thank you

Ok so when you refer to the "ACA" are we referring to http://m.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3667833.htm
I thought someone said it wasn't. I guess I'm still unclear what "ACA" means

Thanks agin
Dan Baxter

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DanB26|1464097811|4035720 said:
Wow I really am blown away by how helpful everyone has been . I was really overwhelmed by this whole process but coming here has taken the anxiety out of this experience. Thank you

Ok so when you refer to the "ACA" are we referring to http://m.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3667833.htm
I thought someone said it wasn't. I guess I'm still unclear what "ACA" means

Thanks agin
Dan Baxter

ACA = A CUT ABOVE it's part of the diamond title. Super ideal diamonds. Surpreme pick and I know. I have a .797 I VS2 ACA and it is gorgeous!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I'm just going to throw this out there because it always frustrates me when nobody recommends Blue Nile for people on a budget (like - all of us...)

OP, here is an I SI1 1.09ct. BN has no photos of their stones, but you can request one if the stone is over 1ct in size. The cut stats on this stone are excellent and BN has a very user-friendly return policy. The stone scores 1.4 on the HCA.

Visually, the difference between a .9ct stone and a 1.09ct stone is very obvious. I would strongly advise you to call BN, ask for a photo, and make up your own mind. Ask whoever is holding the stone to give you an honest opinion (I have done this many times and they have never misled me by even the tiniest amount, even when the feedback wasn't in their best interests). The wire price is $5,008.

Worth a phone call, surely?

www.Bluenile.com

Enter LD06565916 in the search box , top right corner of their home page.

Unless you're a collector of diamonds with specific cut parameters, I ALWAYS recommend the stones I find on BN with great stats. I've saved a lot of money using BN and I have no compunction in returning a stone which isn't what I was looking for. I have bought over 60 stones from BN at this point and I have returned one. On the other hand, I have probably saved tens of thousands of dollars, and the round brilliant stones I've bought have been uniformly gorgeous.

I would not use their settings, as I find them lumpy and their prong work leaves a lot to be desired. But they're a fabulous way to buy a stone and save some bucks.

Good luck!

DanB26

Rough_Rock
So does anyone else have an opinion on blue Nile ? I have requested pictures of the stone that Mrs. Blop posted. Thank you for bringing this to my attention . The more options the better and I really like the idea of a bigger stone ? Should I request any other info from blue Nile, ideal scope image ? Thank you for everyone's input I greatly appreciate it

Dan

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dan -

Blue Nile doesn't offer things like Idealscopes (most jewelers don't, tho on PS we can often tend to make it sound like they do) - and it's one of the ways they keep their prices down. BN is basically a diamond broker. Jewelers list their stones with BN and BN works as a centralized advertiser and shipper. The diamond goes directly from the jeweler who has the stone to BN where it's packaged and shipped to you.

However, for diamonds over 1ct you can almost always ask for - and get - a photo of the diamond. The BN stock # is inscribed on the girdle of the stone, so you know you're getting exactly what you paid for and, unless you're a connoisseur of diamonds, or a real collector, you'll find that the info you get from the GIA certificate, plus any feedback from BN, should ensure you get a great stone - assuming you do your due diligence.

BN does a HUGE amount of business, and they have excellent ratings right across the board. They also have an iron clad, 30 day return guarantee, so if you get it and don't like it - send it back. You have to pay for return shipping, but it's a nice insurance policy if you're nervy about buying online.

I stick to good stats on paper, I ask for a photo, I get feedback from the BN rep, and then I buy. As I said - I've only ever ONCE received a diamond I wasn't entirely happy with; it wasn't a dog, it just wasn't spectacular. On the other side, if you look at my topics posts on PS, you'll see my current ring, which is from BN - and it's stunning. Also, the most beautiful stone I've ever seen - and I've seen plenty - was from BN.

If you compare prices between BN and various other PS recommended vendors, you'll see why I normally (not always) go with Blue Nile. They save me lots of bucks - and I get great stones. It's a win/win for me.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Dan,

I D Jewellry is also another option. Apparently they source what you want at amazing prices for quality diamonds. Just contact them and say what you are looking for and that you want Pricescope quality. Whiteflash & Brian Gavin are not the only options in your search for a great stone.

If you are on a budget, of course you want to get the best value for money without compromising on quality. All lot of Pricescopers have purchased from I D and are very happy with their purchases. Good luck with your search, and please come back and show us what you find. :wavey:

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I'm just going to throw this out there because it always frustrates me when nobody recommends Blue Nile for people on a budget (like - all of us...)
So does anyone else have an opinion on blue Nile ?

The part of reason why not many people recommend BN is no photo and no IS in many cases (good to know they offer the photo on 1c+ stone). It is about us being extra cautious about other member's significant purchase. I would shop at BN as long as the price they offer justifies any potential return shipping cost or all specifications are flawless on GIA report.

I still think 1.0 I/SI1 or VS2 at 5k or 0.9 H/G VS1 or VS2 at 4.0~4.5k are good options.

Since you are open to other options, here are some considerations.

http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-8386175-0.90-carat-Round-diamond-H-color-VS2-Clarity.aspx?sku=8386175&utm_source=pricescope.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com
http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-8261334-0.91-carat-Round-diamond-G-color-VS2-Clarity.aspx?sku=8261334&utm_source=pricescope.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com
http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-8383978-1.04-carat-Round-diamond-I-color-VS2-Clarity.aspx?sku=8383978&utm_source=pricescope.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com (graded on May 26th 2016. Hot and Fresh. This won't be there too long)

B2C is known for providing the actual photo and IS. If they don't have it on hand, they will get the IS after you place an order.

Two purchase stories I linked above are from B2C

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results