shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help determining babysitting rate.......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alismom229

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
35.gif

I am a nurse in surgery with a 4 year old and am required to take call through the night. I don''t have any familly in the area and my husband has left us. I have briefly discussed a babysitting plan with a girl from my daughter''s daycare, but we have not discussed pay as of yet. My call would start at 430p and go until 7A through the week and for 24 hours on Sat. and Sun. There could be times when she would need to take my child home to our house and fix her supper and possibly even put her to bed without me. As well, on the contrary, there may be days when she would only need to be "on call" for me in the afternoon/evening time and only need to come to the house at bedtime (between 8 & 9) and be available in-house in case I had to return to work middle of the night. I am only required to take 5 or 6 days within a 5 week schedule, but seeing as how my husband is not providing financially, it would be helpful if I could take extra call, but only if my sitter fees are less than what I could earn by doing so.

I am wondering what a reasonable hourly rate would be to have a sitter come and stay the night with my daughter and I just in case I have to return to work in the middle of the night or would a flat rate for the 8 or 9 sleeping hours be better? Also, I was considering paying her an "on-call" fee of .50-.75/hour just to be available and within a 30 minute response on the weekend days. Of course, if I were to be called in during the day, I would pay her a higher hourly than the night rate, but how much more would be a reasonable offer?

I haven''t been in a situation like this before, so I am open to suggestions and eager to hear any new ideas or options that I haven''t mentioned.

Thanks so much,
Jen
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results