shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help choosing a diamond!!!

jinxednfallen

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am getting married soon and being a guy who has had little interest in diamonds so far, suffices to say I’m a complete noob when it comes choosing a diamond. I have read through posts on this forum and other resources online and am now equipped with a little more knowledge based on which I began my hunt.

I have seen multiple places where people recommended a round brilliant cut but the one thing I know for sure is that my Fiancee likes a Princess Cut better. So I decided to stick to it. Also I know asking my Finacee might help me choose faster than troubling you good people but I kind of want for the exact ring to be a surprise. My requirements are simple: Cut : Princess / Color : G / Carat: Close to 1 and Clarity: clean to naked eye. I decided to stick to G color as I want to set it in white gold/platinum.

Based on these (and what I can afford), I have zerod in on three diamonds and I would like your expert advice on as regards to which one I should pick. All of these have the same below properties:

Color : G Carat: 0.9 Polish: Excellent Symmetry: VG Flour: None Certification: GIA.

Diamond 1:
Clarity: VS1
GIA Certificate: : [url=http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satell...ename=GIA/Dispatcher&c=Page&cid=1355954554547[/url]
1249076542.jpg

Diamond 2:
Clarity: VS1
GIA Certificate: : [url=http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satell...ename=GIA/Dispatcher&c=Page&cid=1355954554547[/url]
1244271432.jpg

Diamond 3:
Clarity: VS2
1239895075.jpg

Please note that I am in India and the only renowned online retailer here could only provide these images and so this is what I have to go by. Also as far as price is concerned, Diamond 2 and 3 are both almost same price and Diamond 1 is a little more expensive (but something I think I can afford)
Based on these, could you please help me with:
1. Is princess cut a good idea and if it is, do these other parameters that I have selected look ok?
2. Which of the three diamonds do you suggest I go for if at all?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If your GF asked for a princess then a princess is the way to go (get her what she wants).

Numbers dont really tell us much on fancy cut stones (numbers work for rounds but not fancy cuts). Of the 3 stones you've
picked I like the last one the best. It looks like it has less chevrons on the pavilion so you will get a nice combination of
small and medium flashes. The more chevrons, the smaller the flashes. Stones over a carat usually have the diamond
blueprint on the GIA report. None of these have it. You need to ask the gemologist where the feather is and does it
affect the integrity of the stone. You dont want a feather on a corner.

My second choice would be the first one.

Can you get aset images for these stones? That would really help to know which stone has the best light return.

And just a reminder, If you are going for a solitaire type setting, V shaped prongs provide the most protection for princess cuts.

Are these JA stones?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 for me. It looks the best cut and has a slightly smaller table which I prefer.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Get an ASET of both.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
jinxednfallen,

If you can ask your supplier for reflector images (an Ideal-Scope or preferably an ASET) of these diamonds you will likely find a lot more advice coming your way. If not, your vendor may be able to have an in-house gemologist look at all 3 and make a recommendation, but that is not going to be nearly as revealing as posting the reflector images here.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the vendor has a good returns policy, so you can return it if you don't like it, you could order the stone of your preference at the same time as ordering an ASETscope and IdealScope - then you can evaluate their performance using those tools and also post pictures for the forum's consideration :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results