shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help choosing a diamond...

Indecided

Rough_Rock
I've been shopping for a e-ring for my girlfriend. Started out a couple of weeks ago knowing barely anything, but after a couple of days on PS and some reading, I think I know a bit more, but still have a ways to go...

She's decided on a Tacori and i've been shopping around for diamonds. I've sort of narrowed my search field to the following parameters:
round 1-1.2ct, VS2/SI1, G-I color, and AGS0. H&A would be nice but isn't entirely necessary. I've found a couple of candidates on WF..

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2372497.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2632203.htm

First one's a 1ct, and the second is a ~1.2ct. I could use some advice on picking one out or other suggestions would be very much appreciated.

I'm leaning towards the 1.2ct simply because I feel that the larger weight would be most appreciated out of all the other attributes, but it seems that there are a fair bit more inclusions compared to the other. My understanding is that it's didn't make ACA due to its depth. On the other hand, it is eye clean.

The 1ct on the other hand is WF ACA and while isn't eye clean, is two color grades higher. However, i'm not sure if it's worth it, especially since the contender is about .2ct larger.

A penny for your thoughts...

slg47

Ideal_Rock
The depth on the I is fine. It may have failed hearts? WF can tell you why it is not an ACA.

As far as the G, it would be a no-go for me because it is not eye-clean. Did you ask WF what their definition of eye-clean is?

Indecided

Rough_Rock
WF told me it was because of the depth. I will ask them for their definition of eye clean... Would the inclusions on the I be an issue? it appears to have a slight indented natural.

What should I be looking for as ideal characteristics when looking at the idealscope/aset images?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Indecided|1307508098|2940506 said:
WF told me it was because of the depth. I will ask them for their definition of eye clean... Would the inclusions on the I be an issue? it appears to have a slight indented natural.

What should I be looking for as ideal characteristics when looking at the idealscope/aset images?

oh, interesting. the IS/ASET looks fine, maybe their criteria for depth is just a narrower range. the only way to tell if the inclusions will be visible is to visually examine them, WF should be able to do this for you

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results