shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help!!! 1.94 VG - HCA 2.6 Getting closer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mark D

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone… This forum is great! I have spent 2 months on here and have learned so much!!! It has helped me so much through my search of a diamond. I think I am getting close!

He is the diamond I am currently looking at. Please tell me what you think

GIA certified:

Round Brilliant

7.84 x 7.95 x 4.95
Weight: 1.94
Cut: Very Good
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None

Table: 58%
Depth: 62.8%
Girdle: Med to Slightly Thick
Crown Angle: 36.5
Pavillion Angle: 40.6

HCA: 2.6

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd go no lower than 62.3 or else you may lose some diameter because there is more weight in the depth. In fact, I always look for 62.0 or less. Look for 34-35 crown angle and table 54-57. The 58 table is okay. But really, why not get excellent or ideal cut rather than very good??? Try for an HCA score that falls at 2.0 or under.

Mark D

Rough_Rock

Thank you so much!!!

I guess i am just trying to get close to a 2.00 without breaking the bank! The stone i am currently looking at is in the $14K range. Would that be a good option for the price range?

This has been such a crazy experience. I looked at a GIA H SI1 1.77 EX/EX/EX... The guy was telling me it was the greatest but when I used the HCA it only registered as a 3.6. You don''t have to get into that whole topic...lol because it is a hot one on this forum... But if it was not for this forum and finding the HCA i may have been talked into it?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 1.95 might be pretty nice. Have you seen it?

I would probably consider getting the 1.84 J SI1 from Infinity shipped to you, and you can compare that and the 1.94 together.

Mark D

Rough_Rock

Thanks Stone Cold! I am going to take a look at all of them... How do you feel about lowering the color from and H to I or J? Do you think that is a good move?

Julie. - I saw the stone... It was pretty nice! I had it next to a GIA 1.81 EX/EX/EX HCA 1.7 (I don’t have the rest of the data infront of me) It did compare in overall brilliance. So that is why for the money I have been leaning towards it?

BTW... That 1.81 was $15,800

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, the 1.86 I SI2 Stone-Cold linked is pretty cheap...if it turns out nice, then you just saved like 4000. If it doesn''t, shipping it back isn''t too much...

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 6:54:35 PM
Author: Mark D

Thanks Stone Cold! I am going to take a look at all of them... How do you feel about lowering the color from and H to I or J? Do you think that is a good move?

Julie. - I saw the stone... It was pretty nice! I had it next to a GIA 1.81 EX/EX/EX HCA 1.7 (I don’t have the rest of the data infront of me) It did compare in overall brilliance. So that is why for the money I have been leaning towards it?

BTW... That 1.81 was $15,800

Just check to make sure they are eye clean. Check out the video on diamond color in this thread, https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/awesome-video-on-diamond-color.108616/, I can''t really see much difference in face up color all the way up to K/L range, maybe I am just insensitive. Take a look and see if I/J color bothers you.

Mark D

Rough_Rock

Stone Cold... Thanks!!!

The 1.86 does look like a really great stone... Ideal all around and HCA 1.5... I just need to rationalize going down one in clarity and color? Also I am a little apprehensive ordering online and returning… should I be…?

The reason I posted the 1.95 stone is because it is the best I found in my price range in all my local jewelers…?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, the H sounds like a good deal, but we can't really tell you which one we'd like better. We can only see the online ones...

I guess we're just pushing you to at least compare it to something we know is an "ideal cut."

Online ordering and returning is very easy. It has to be, or else no one would buy online.

You'd probably see the slightest bit of tint in certain lighting situations in I/J.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But, actually, since you''ve seen it and like it, that''s great.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2009 12:49:17 AM
Author: JulieN
But, actually, since you've seen it and like it, that's great.
Ditto. Also reliably graded I or J colours will still look very white to most eyes, which includes mine.

Mark D

Rough_Rock

Thank you everyone!!!!

Stone Cold/Julie….

Can you recommend a good H SI1 stone for me in the 1.80 – 2.00 range…?? Just for piece of mind I want to see the price staying with the H & SI1 combo

I am seriously going to consider an I color… I want to get back to the jeweler and compare it to the H’s I have already seen…

Thanks!!! I can’t believe I am on the forum this early!!! Just can stop thinking about them!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2009 8:41:55 AM
Author: Mark D
What about this one from bluenile...

What is an ideal Girdle? What should I stick with...?

Summary

http://www.bluenile.com/round-diamond-2-carat-ideal-cut-i-color-si1-clarity_LD01027380?__fun_frm=i&filter_id=0

GIA Report

http://www.bluenile.com/pop_int_cert_view.jsp?pid=LD01027380
No such thing as an Ideal Girdle, also GIA'S highest cut grade is Excellent, it is important to be aware that vendor applied labels such as Ideal Cut are no guarantee of a well cut diamond.

The diamond in question looks promising by the numbers, an ASET or Idealscope would be useful to check that angle combo but BN do not provide them regrettably.

Mark D

Rough_Rock
What is the best website for buying diamonds... One with the most reports and support?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results