shape
carat
color
clarity

Need hair help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, help!

I went to the hair dresser last Friday to get my hair dyed back to a normal boring color because we had a conservative wedding to attend on Sat. Well, my hair turned a dark dark chocolate brown (instead of the medium brown). My husband made fun of me and told me I look Goth and even said that on a scale of 1-10 I have a Goth-ness level of six!
6.gif

Anyway, the dark color seems to contrast nicely w/my green eyes, but the color itself is VERY flat. The hair dresser at the salon I went to said my hair would look rich and brown, but it doesn''t.

What should I do? Is the color itself the problem? Do I need low lights AND high lights, or will high lights help add enough depth for dark hair?

Thanks for any help!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok Michelle, as a former colourist I can try to advise you here. If you have time to wait, it should lighten up some in a week or two with regular shampooing. What is medium brown in one haircolour may actually come up as dark brown in a different brand. Maybe if you have had colour before at the same salon, your colourist may have used a different brand? Happens a lot. They can vary quite a bit, and a good rule of thumb is to always use a colour one shade lighter than the colour you actually want e.g if you want dark brown use medium brown etc. Be careful with highlights on such a dark shade as they can need a lot of processing to lift the colour. Lighter lowlights would be fine , using some warm tones to break up the density. You could also try recolouring with a warmer shade e.g chestnut on top of your colour to add some depth. Also deep condition your hair as often as possible. Good luck, I am sure the colour will fade out a lot soon, they always do. Hope this helps.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Something similar happened to me once and one of my friends who''s a beautician told me to shampoo with Prell shampoo (she was not the one that did that to my hair.
2.gif
) She said Prell is a harsher shampoo than others out there and it may be able to lift some of the color. It did work after a couple of days of using it. The color wasn''t as flat but it took a few weeks to get it to the shade where I originally wanted it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results