shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Flat Shoes!

T

talamasca

Hi everyone, I've not posted here before (been drooling over in CS forum) but I need some help finding flat white pretty/sparkly wedding shoes.

I'm so suprised that there aren't more pretty flat wedding shoes available and can't believe what a struggle it is!!!

In a perfect world I would LOVE white, flat/extremely low heel, pointed silk shoes with crystals/pearls/lace, etc on them.

I've not managed to find all of the above in one shoe so started looking at funky shoes like Irregular Choice, but I like the classic look so really would prefer a nice white shoe.

I've even started thinking about decorating some plain shoes myself (and I am NOT crafty at all!), but I can't even find a plain white flat pointed shoe!!!

Pretty please can anyone help?

ETA: I'm in the UK and my wedding isn't until May 2012 so there's no major rush, but since I like to be super organised and I've sorted everything else, this is the only thing left to do and it's driving me nuts :lol:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
did you check Nordstrom's Wedding page? They have the most amazing shoes... and they seem to have a good wedding variety.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if they ship to the UK, but try either:

myglassslipper.com (for designer shoes) or
bridalshoes.com (for shoes less than 100 USD)

T

talamasca

Thanks Mayk & vc10um - I'll go have a look :D

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I feel your pain! I am an inch taller than my husband and wanted FLAT shoes. Plus I didn't want extra length on my dress and so I needed to be practically barefoot. I searched high and low and I refused to pay mucho $ for shoes I'd only wear once. So while I can't help you out I will say I'm highly disappointed in the lack of flat bridal shoes. I ended up wearing cheap $6 flip flops with a sparkly flower between the toe!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also feel your pain as I went through the same problem. I was looking all over for flats for my wedding day and it was near impossible to find. I found them at a discount shoe store in NYC and paid less than $20 for them and they were so comfy! My advice is to check out all the discount shoe stores and look at non wedding shoes as that is where you will get a good buy. White shoes will be on sale now also since it is after Labor Day...at least they are in the states.

Shoebuy.com might have something for you
http://www.shoebuy.com/bridal-flats.htm?cm_mmc=cj-text-_-none-_-none-_-none

I second the Zappos recommendation. Love them!

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
Hey! I think that if it's in your budget, you should totally find a pair of plain white pointed flats and send them to Figgie Shoes (http://figgieshoes.com/)! I recently decided to have mine done with Deb, and I am so excited... she does some pretty incredible sparkle, if you're looking for something like this:

figgies.jpg

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are you having an in-door wedding? I was planning on getting some ballet dancing shoes in satin.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Have you got a bit of time to go before the big day? You could design your own beautiful sparkly white flats. I think I'm going to use one of these companies and my mum might as well if she can't find anything that goes with her dress and is the right size.

http://www.milkandhoneyshoes.com/
http://www.shoesofprey.com/

T

talamasca

hoofbeats95 - I'm about 4" taller than my other half and whilst it doesn't bother me in the slightest, I don't want to be towering 7+" over him for the wedding pics! I so don't want to pay a fortune for shoes I'm only going to wear once so I've been scouring eBay and am currently bidding on something a bit different which I can wear again. Fingers crossed I'll win them for a steal ;-)

Novel - thanks for the link, but they don't have my size. Forgot to mention that I'm a big foot, or as my Granddad always said "they aren't shoes, they're ships that shoes come in" :lol:

audball - :D thank you so much for all the links. I love the Perry, Alice, Gaby Meadows and Mellow styles and they aren't too expensive. If I don't win the shoes I'm currently bidding on I will definitely think about getting these.

missy - thanks, I will do :D

asymons412 - OMG those are gorgeous!!! And I could have our heart design which is going on the invites, etc. added, but I imagine they'll be well out of my budget, plus I can't seem to find plain flat pointy shoes either :((

MissStepcut - yes, the wedding is indoors, but the majority of the photos will be outside on the lawn. I thought about ballet shoes too, but I love the pointy toe and they all seem to be rounded.

4ever - we've 8 months to go - argh, I can't believe how quickly the time's going! The shoesofprey link looks fab, but a tad expensive, although I suppose I could design something to wear again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results