shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Feedback on Proposal Idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smeakel

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I finally have my engagement ring, thanks to Pricescope and Whiteflash!! I have been with my girlfriend for almost three years now and it's time to solidify things. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts, positive or negative, about proposing on Thanksgiving Day?

Both of our families are going to be getting together for Thanksgiving dinner. My girlfriend and I live on our own together. I do not have any solid ideas as to how I am going to ask her yet, but I think I am going to do something special the morning of Thanksgiving Day. Maybe at our place, maybe on the road home somewhere? Then we can surprise both of our families at once and celebrate that day, and throughout the holidays.

Any help ideawise here would also be appreciated.

Thanks!
Smeakel

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 11/15/2003 3:03:01 AM Smeakel wrote:

Hi,

I finally have my engagement ring, thanks to Pricescope and Whiteflash!! I have been with my girlfriend for almost three years now and it's time to solidify things. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts, positive or negative, about proposing on Thanksgiving Day?

Both of our families are going to be getting together for Thanksgiving dinner. My girlfriend and I live on our own together. I do not have any solid ideas as to how I am going to ask her yet, but I think I am going to do something special the morning of Thanksgiving Day. Maybe at our place, maybe on the road home somewhere? Then we can surprise both of our families at once and celebrate that day, and throughout the holidays.

Any help ideawise here would also be appreciated.

Thanks!
Smeakel
----------------

Hey Smeakal,

I think Thanksgiving is a Great Idea. Surrounded by family and friends is always a great way to celebrate a special occassion. Do you have any special ideas of how you are going to propose?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is going to sound a little cheesy, but you might find it interesting.

During Thanksgiving dinner get yourself a small pumpkin and hollow out the inside. I have seen these little pumpkins in the grocery store with the painted faces.

Hollw it out a little and attach a string to the inside so when she lifts the lid there will be her ring dangling from inside the pumpkin in front of family and friends.

Make something up in anticipation to get her too look inside...

Just a thought...
wavey.gif

suchairman

Rough_Rock
Hi! It seems you're in the same predicament as I am. One suggestion I have is do not do it on Thanksgiving Day! I think most women are selfish in a since when it comes to being proposed to. They don't like to engagement or weddings to be shared with a holiday. (At least the ones I've asked about it.) they want to be the prize possession of the moment so to speak, (and they should!).
But like I said I'll be proposing around the same time. I'm doing it Thanksgiving weekend, not on the Big Day. I'm going to take the family out to dinner right before the football game on Saturday. Her family is coming down Friday and thinks their coming down for a Classic football game Saturday and taking me home with them Sunday just to spend the week with her, but I've got a surprise for all of them. After the game I'm going back to Texas with them to celebrate our engagement with the rest of my future in-laws.

Give me an idea of what you had in mind,(what u like/what she likes?) and i'll see if I can help any, I have lots of ideas
read.gif
. I 've been planning mine for nearly 3 months and I know exactly what your going through. Read my post from 11/18/03 (Proposing in 2 weeks, need help) for more details and tell me what you think maybe we can exchange some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results