shape
carat
color
clarity

Need comments about a diamond I just viewed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ready

Rough_Rock
I just looked at a 1.31C round diamond, G color, VS1, EGL LA cert. I don't have all of the specs yet on angles, but the depth is 55.5 and the table is 61.4. It is a firey stone. The broker showed it to me, flipped upside down, through some sort of scope that showed it's hearts and arrows characteristics. Does this make it hearts and arrows quality cut? Asking price is $7000.

Any help is appreciated.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
the depth is 55.5 and the table is 61.4.
----------------
Ready, are you sure it is not the other way around?

[/u]

ready

Rough_Rock
Leonid, you are correct! Sorry about that. I'm also sorry for posting that twice. My connection was slow and I guess I hit the submit button twice, without realizing that it submitted the first time.

Please see my newer post on this diamond. I received the specs and would value your input!

Thanks

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
No problem :) Price sounds reasonable for EGL graded stone. Do you plan to check it with independent appraiser?

ready

Rough_Rock
Yes, I plan on getting it appraised. When you get time, could you run the specs through your Diamond Calc package and post the output? I would really appreciate it!

ready

Rough_Rock
Sorry here's the stats again (EGL-LA):

Weight 1.31 ct.
Shape ROUND BRILLIANT
Color G
Clarity VS1
Measurements 7.11 - 7.09 x 4.36 mm
Depth 61.4
Table 55.0
Crown 15.5
Pavilion 43.2
Girdle THIN TO MEDIUM
Polish VERY GOOD
Symmetry VERY GOOD
Fluorescence NONE
Culet NONE
Comments IDEAL CUT

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It all checks out nicely, but we prefer angles rather than %'s.

The appraiser list here may help you :)
Also if in doubt consider buying an Ideal-Scope which is easy to learrn to use - especially now we have a calibration CZ in the package.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results