shape
carat
color
clarity

Need cheap mirror for over my bed...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wanna help me find one?

I'm hoping for something that's 24-28 long and 18 inches tall. Oval or rectangular preferred. Round at less than 26 inch diameter.

Silver frame or no frame.

Price... as little as possible? :bigsmile: I'd prefer something under 60 bucks but if it's decorative and beautiful and fabulous up to a 80.

Help?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are we talking on the ceiling? :-o :Up_to_something:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1317704995|3032685 said:

HAHA! Not to much, but it's a great thought!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Please make sure that you secure it REALLY well to the wall and that your bed sits away from the wall. It can be dangerous to have a mirror over the bed.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
heraanderson|1317705252|3032692 said:
Please make sure that you secure it REALLY well to the wall and that your bed sits away from the wall. It can be dangerous to have a mirror over the bed.

WILL DO. Hubby is on this though, we've had mirrors over the bed before.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Found what looked like the perfect one but in gold. I can use acrylics on it to silver it... so for 30 bucks including shipping, I bought it. Fingers crossed. Also reminded me that I can silver the frame I bought this weekend and ruined with spray paint with acrylics. Fingers crossed.

Shopzilla to the rescue again.

Thank you for your help VR and heraanderson!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm almost done with the house (except for FI's guys room but that's his problem!) ! I still need:

Arc floor lamp for living room-- 214 including shipping.
A new frame and matting for the picture in my bedroom. 150 (or a new picture and matting with the current frame)
Bed frame for the Queen mattress set (currently on the floor and functional but not great to look at) in the guest bedroom: 75
One more curtain rod from Crate and Barrel for the sliding glass door in the dining room: 50

YAY. The end is in sight! Pacing myself with the spending I should be done by the end of November with all but the bed frame for the guest room (lowest priority as we aren't having guests again till New Years).

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Consider getting a silver leaf kit at a local art store instead... could be a slightly richer look than spray paint, for not too much money...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1317709334|3032722 said:
Consider getting a silver leaf kit at a local art store instead... could be a slightly richer look than spray paint, for not too much money...

That's a great idea. I think I'll do that-- I want it to look very high end if I can. Should have done silver leaf with the frame I ruined over the weekend too. Ahh well... live and learn.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have a Hobby Lobby (craft store) in your area? I was in a Hobby Lobby last week and couldn't believe all the mirrors they had. I saw one very similar to the starburst design in one of your links. I just went in there to pick up some Mod Podge, but I ended up spending close to two hours browsing through their aisles.

Oops, just saw that you already found one! Sounds like a fun project! My husband recently spray painted an old gold full- length mirror a Tiffany blue for me. I was able to order the exact shade I wanted. The brand Montana Black makes an amazing spray paint. It's the first can of spray paint that didnt cause me to resort to profanity and a tantrum.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Gyspy, when you're done with your sliding glass door in your dining room, can you take a picture? I've got a large sliding door in my living/dining, and I want window treatments for it, but have a hard time picturing it. And you're so decor savvy I'm just hoping for some inspiration.

Thanks!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
These were my thoughts exactly so I just stayed mum when I first saw the thread with no replies. LMAO!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I have a giant mirror that I got from a consignment shop for $10. The frame wasn't great, so I sprayed it black and then went back and wiped some off so the original finish showed through. I"ve also found cheap mirrors at Marshalls and Gordmans.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
:naughty: ....... :Up_to_something:....... :halo: ........ :bigsmile: ............. :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Argh. Update: Target mirror was terrible and pretty much made it clear that "sunburst" was a really bad idea in my room. Rectangular mirror with silver frame didn't work out. Simple frameless mirror didn't work out. Just tried this: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80178419/ tonight and NOPE.

So I JUST bought the one below and after everything I've tried I think I've got it!

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Curved-Border-31.5-inch-Contemporary-Mirror/6182604/product.html

Fingers crossed. It's a little taller (wider actually cause I plan to hang it east/west) than I wanted but I do love it. And DH is starting to get twitchy! LOL.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like that one, and I think it would look great hanging east/west. I'm glad you found The One.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'm glad I'm not the only one who first thought that!! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results