shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
My bf bought me a ring for Christmas. I had been eyeing it in one our local jewelry stores for a while. When I asked about it back in October they said it would have to be ordered and would take 6 weeks to make in my size (3.5). So the bf ordered it at the begining of November. Well Christmas comes around and the ring is still not here. He wanted it to be a surprise for me so the store agreed to give him the display. The day after Christmas I returned the display to the store and asked them when mine would be here. They said it would be a few more weeks. The first ring they made apparently didn''t pass quality control. Well, I got the ring today and I don''t think it is of good quality. A few of the stones are set lower then the others. I am wondering what y''all think. I know my bf went through a lot of trouble and wanted it to be a surprise for me and now I have to tell him that we have to take it back. I don''t even know if I want them to try to make it again. If they messed up twice I doubt they will get it right the third time. Should I just ask the place to take the ring back and give him a refund or should I let them try again?

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Can you post pictures of it?

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
I''ll try. Its going to be really hard to see. Its a small band...I''ll be back in a few. Lets see what I can do.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say return it and start over. Jewelry quality varies a lot, and you just need to buy from a source that does nice work.

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think the shots I took are going to help. They are also too big to upload. Gotta get the bf to work on the macro and/or size the ones I already took. I will probably post tomorrow. Thanks for the replies so far!

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
I couldn't get the pictures to come out. My macro setting was still getting blurry. I think I would have to have a much beter camera to take pics. Sorry guys, but thank you for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results