shape
carat
color
clarity

need advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chris...23

Rough_Rock
I need help determining if this sounds like a good Idea or not.

On Christmas Eve we will be exchanging gifts, and when we are done exchanging it will go something like this. I will tell her that she has 1 more gift that she can give me. Obviously she won''t, and will have no idea what I am talking about. I will tell her to close her eyes, and then I will get on 1 knee. When she opens her eyes I will have the ring in hand, and tell her that I love her very much and she could give me the best gift I could ever receive, her for the rest of my life.

I am open to any response or any ideas. I''d like to do it that day and think that It sounds romantic in its own special way. She has NO IDEA that this is coming, and I want it to be memorable. Please tell me what you think, and be honest...Please

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly????? That proposal sounds soooo sweet! The part about her being the best gift you could ever receive is rather cliche, but there is a reason why. It''s a very sweet cliche! I think it''s a great proposal!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
You did say honestly???

The going down on one knee thing is a bit cheesey for me. My first engagement ring was placed at the bottom of my champagne glass! but even that''s a bit old hat now!

Have you actually bought the ring yet? Your future wife my like to express her taste in engagement rings. It might even be something she would like to choose herself (i know i would) It''s something she is going to wear for the rest of her life, so you want it to be perfect.

If she loves diamond jewellery, my guess is that she would want to pick something herself. Or at the very least, give you a strong indication of what she would like.

Take your time with this, to make sure you get it right.

Please let us know how things work out?

Good luck too!

best wishes dyanne

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a very sweet proposal! I would only add the "Will you marry me" question at the end. Of course, your girlfriend may not be like me at all, but I''m a very traditional girl and the getting on one knee and the question are very important to me.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I think it sounds great. And you MUST get on your knee for the proposal. In my opinion, it''s not cheesy at all. My fiance did it and I would have been upset if he hadn''t. I agree with anchor that you should probably add the question at the end but other than that, it sounds wonderful, thoughtful and very sweet. Good luck and let us know what happens!!

chris...23

Rough_Rock
I do intend to ask the question at the end "will you marry me" I just forgot to put it in my original post. Thanks for the comments so far, keep them coming.

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
I thought you were going to say that the gift could be her giving you a "yes"...

It sounds like a sweet proposal. Anything that comes from the heart will make her happy!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I think it sounds very sweet!! Also, my girlfriends and I have talked about this in length. We would be very upset if our BFs didn''t get down on one knee to propose. I think that most girls would probably feel the same way but you know your girlfriend best. Good luck and tell us how it goes!!

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I think that's a very sweet proposal.

I think you should get down on your knee. And don't forget to ask 'Will you marry me' or 'be my wife'...of course she may very well forget everything that you say. I can't remember if my fiance asked me to marry him or not!
28.gif

Very sweet and good luck and congratulations.

ETA: I just read that you were planning on saying 'Will you marry me'.
4.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/14/2005 5:38:40 PM
Author: curlygirl
I think it sounds great. And you MUST get on your knee for the proposal. In my opinion, it''s not cheesy at all. My fiance did it and I would have been upset if he hadn''t. I agree with anchor that you should probably add the question at the end but other than that, it sounds wonderful, thoughtful and very sweet. Good luck and let us know what happens!!
I agree...my DH also proposed down on one knee and I wouldn''t have wanted it any other way!! Let us know how it turns out!!

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
Gotta say, I''d want him to get down on one knee. Its just, so very sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results