shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Advice - trying to purchase earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Summer

Rough_Rock
I was out shopping today for diamond stud earrings and am more confused than ever. I live in Jersey and went to a local diamond exchange which houses a number of vendors under one roof. Many of them seem to sell both, diamonds that are GIA certified, and diamonds that are not certified at all and also stopped by a local jewelery store that discounts and seems to sell the same way. I am also finding that a lesser quality of stone seems to be acceptable to use for earrings. I'm interested in purchasing about 1.50 carats tw. Princess cut style is my first choice. I thought I would like something in the near colorless/vs range. I thought about going into the NYC Diamond District but don't feel like going thru the hassel. I've been checking some sites on the web and am wondering if anyone had good results at a site that they would recommend. Also am wondering what should I be looking for in an earring in terms of a good value without comprising the quality or should I be looking at a lesser color/clarity range? I'm fairly new at this and today no one mentioned the cut, does this matter much in an earring? Appreciate any information. Thanks!

Summer

Rough_Rock
Btw, I had no idea I chose an icon and I don't know what it means so pls. ignore that.

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
I wasn't as concerned with color, clarity, or cut as I was with the diamond in my ring. My personal feeling was that they're in my ears, as long as they sparkle & are pretty, who cares if they have a "spot" in them? (LOL!) Who would notice? I wound up with a pair of 1.01 ctw rounds that are G-H color and SI2 clarity, $900. and I have no desire to have anything better. So I'll agree with what you've heard, even though that doesn't help you. It's your personal choice that matters!
:))

mauricio

Rough_Rock
Princess cuts are a great choice.
Shop around using the pricescope selections.
Hope you're having a great holiday season.
:))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results