shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on this excellent cut round

russ0519

Rough_Rock
Based on my research I'm looking for a ideal cut (hearts and arrows) round diamond, VS1-VS2, D-H or so, about half a carat.

Me and the girlfriend looked at some stones in person and she prefers half a carat to 1 carat, as she thinks one carat looks too big.

I found a .72 VS1 F Clarity Excellent Cut from costco for about $3k. The price seems right. Can you guys let me know if this seems like a good deal: The GIA cert is here: http://twitpic.com/6r4mh9/full

Is GIA Excellent cut worse then AGS Ideal? I assume it is. Will I still be able to see hearts and arrows, or will the GIA cut not necessarily tell you that?

I've asked to see an AGS cert if it has one and Sarin report/Idealscope picture, but my guess it they will tell me they don't have it.

It also worries me a bit that this GIA report doesn't show occlusions. I guess at VS1 it doesn't really matter, as you won't be able to see it with a naked eye, but would it have a major effect on light performance if it's in the wrong place?

Thanks in advance,

Russ

russ0519

Rough_Rock
Just heard back and they don't have any more info on this stone, and said the GIA cert is a dossier rather than a full certificate so it does not have the plot of the inclusions in the stone. Should I be worried?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Standard practice, for any stone certified by GIA, if under a carat, to be a dossier, and not come with a plot. Alternately, it's likely to be inscribed in the girdle, and diamonds larger than 1 carat are not standardly inscribed.

As Stone described, with VS1, in substantce, you needn't typically worry about seeing inclusions.

Read about H&A. It's less important than being well cut. Though it sounds like you'll need to keep looking to get that. Hopefully it won't be too hard.

Ira Z..

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the WF diamond posted by MissGotRocks. It looks like an amazing diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results