shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on men's skin care

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dh asked my advice on skin but I am clueless so asking here.

My dh's skin is moderately oily
Olive complected leaning towards ruddy at times
Rarely gets pimples
Clean shaven
Low tolerance for a complicated routine

Any suggestions are appreciated.
My skin routine is la roche posay dermocleanser after working out and that's basically it. I moisturize with ultra toleriane occasionally but do very little otherwise to my skin.
And my skin is more on the normal to dry side so no clue what to do about oily.

If you know anything about men's skin care please share, thanks

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
It is the only soap I use. Not available here, I buy it once a year, and pay the shipping.

When my hands are badly chapped from work I use a tiny bit of black pepper and corriander balm from aesop whose products are too perfumy in general, which I do not like. This one, too, has a little patchouli in it so best to use sparingly, and when you're not going to be around others.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is the only soap I use. Not available here, I buy it once a year, and pay the shipping.

When my hands are badly chapped from work I use a tiny bit of black pepper and corriander balm from aesop whose products are too perfumy in general, which I do not like. This one, too, has a little patchouli in it so best to use sparingly, and when you're not going to be around others.

HI VapidLapid! How are you? I have missed seeing you here and hope all is well.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, its nothing fancy but my DH uses Johnson and Johnson Clean and Clear Morning Burst. It has little beady things in it.
He has slightly oily skin.

That's the extent of his routine except for lots of suntan lotion when he's outside.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, its nothing fancy but my DH uses Johnson and Johnson Clean and Clear Morning Burst. It has little beady things in it.
He has slightly oily skin.

That's the extent of his routine except for lots of suntan lotion when he's outside.

Thanks tyty. Appreciate you sharing your dh's routine. I''l tell Greg. This is one area I have zero expertise on and I told him so but still he wants my help. So I told him I would ask in my online group. I was thinking maybe low percentage trentoin could help his oily skin? But not sure. I might have to join a FB group on skin care. Just what I want to do...learn about men's skin care lol.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I have slightly olive oily skin. I use cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer. I find other cleansers can over cleanse and promote higher oil production. Just my 2 cents as I'm not a dude.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Some what oily skin and very prone to contact allergic reactions to soaps so I just use suave raspberry hair shampoo all over.
Seems to work fine.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
My hubby has oily skin, and he uses Cetaphil cleanser, for the same reason that @Begonia explained.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I always thought that oily doesn't necessarily mean "greasy"--one might have combination skin . If you use a drying product your skin produces more oil--because it is dry? I think most people need moisture on their skin. Certainly aging skin does. Mild cleanser followed by a moisturizer.

My DH is fair. I always thought he was very aggressive on scrubbing his face--I would see broken capillaries and dryness. I suggested a change in practice--and he did. I cannot use many exfoliators so I didn't pass on many to him--so I bought him the Chanel Gel (antipollution) Exfoliator which he uses a couple of time a week, followed by the L'Occitaine 25% Shea butter thick creme. His skin is lovely. Some people don't like thick creme but we do. Lotions are also great for a lighter feel but produce the same moisturizing result.

FWIW I adore The Doctorly on you tube. Two Derms who provide education on skin care (lots on you tube, but they are good). No nonsense. I suggest a looksee.

cheers--Sharon

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dd is 11 and could probably give you all the skin care advice in the world. These kids are leaps and bounds beyond where we were as preteens and teens. I'll ask her to recommend things--she likes to put together blends for her father who is 50-something.

(She literally spends all her allowance and/or gift cards on skin care. And then she makes videos of herself using the products a la influencer. No, we don't allow her to post anywhere, but we do allow her to film herself and practice.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results