shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on James Allen pave setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brian2

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

I found a setting on James Allen that I really like. Its the Handmade Basket Pave Scalloped Engagement Ring.

I absolutely love the design - it is exactly what I''m looking for. But I''m somewhat concerned that it may be too thin. The ring itself is just 2mm and the diamonds are only .01 each. I''ve seen similar pave designs in stores where you can barely even notice the diamonds.

I''ll probably be pairing this with a 1.5 -1.75 carat center stone on a size 7 finger.

So, a few questions. Feel free to answer any or all of them.

-Does anyone have this specific setting or something very similar? Your thoughts on my concerns?
-Does James Allen do custom work? Any feedback on the process, quality, etc?
-Any recommendations on the alterations I should request to make the ring a bit more substantial?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2009 11:16:17 AM
Author:Brian2
Hey everyone,

I found a setting on James Allen that I really like. Its the Handmade Basket Pave Scalloped Engagement Ring.

I absolutely love the design - it is exactly what I'm looking for. But I'm somewhat concerned that it may be too thin. The ring itself is just 2mm and the diamonds are only .01 each. I've seen similar pave designs in stores where you can barely even notice the diamonds.

I'll probably be pairing this with a 1.5 -1.75 carat center stone on a size 7 finger.

So, a few questions. Feel free to answer any or all of them.

-Does anyone have this specific setting or something very similar? Your thoughts on my concerns?
-Does James Allen do custom work? Any feedback on the process, quality, etc?
-Any recommendations on the alterations I should request to make the ring a bit more substantial?
Welcome!

That is a very pretty setting, if you are concerned then I would speak to your JA rep, they will be able to advise you. Personally I don't think a 2mm band is too thin but asking JA is your best bet. They have done custom in the past, so if that is of interest to you then you can certainly ask them.

Cuts33

Rough_Rock
Brian - any word on that setting? I''ve been looking at the same one too.

newbieD

Rough_Rock
That setting is so pretty!

I second what Lorelei said. Check with JA about any questions you might have.
I''ve been working with them for my ering and they have been extremely helpful and prompt in replying via email.
You could certainly give them a call if you prefer.
Good luck!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Brian,

I love this setting!!! Did you decide to order it?

Brian2

Rough_Rock
I have not ordered this setting yet - mostly because I haven''t settled on a diamond yet. The diamond is definitely my top priority right now.

However, I am pretty sure that this ring is the one. I''ve looked around quite a bit at different designers and haven''t found anything that appeals to me as much as this setting. I think its simple, fashionable and elegant.

I do still think I will ask about potentially extending the width of the ring to around 2.5 mm and adding some slightly larger diamonds. But if it ends up being a significant price increase, I could live with the 2 mm width.

Cuts33 - Let me know if you end up picking this one. Are you thinking platinum or white gold? I''m leaning toward platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results