shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on Boston proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Yonder

Rough_Rock
I am planning on proposing to my girdfriend in Boston on New Year''s Eve and am unsure as to an appropriate location to "pop the question." She''s from Boston, not me.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

magna2

Shiny_Rock
Yonder,

You are cutting pretty close if you are thinking about proposing this coming New Year's Eve - especially in an unfamiliar town.

My suggestion would to propose at the "Top-of-the-Hub" restaurant that is located top of the Prudential building. However, the catch is, you need to make reservations well in advanced - probably today if you were to do it New Year's Eve. It would be especially romantic if you are able to get a corner window seat - spectacular view of the city.

The wait staff will work with you for the great surprise. Down side, it is kinda pricey.

Other alternative is to buy yourself and your-intended a "First Night" pass and pop the question during the evening at any of the events the pass gets you into and then celebrate with rest of the New Year's Eve revelers.

Best Wishes.

rodent.gif

Arlington

Shiny_Rock
I did New Year's Eve in Beantown two years ago...it's a wild night all over town so should be quite memorable. Two things come to mind:
1) It's freakin' cold as heck outside on New Year's Eve. Be wary! If you are planning an outdoor proposal, she won't be admiring her bare hand long before what feels like frostbite sets in. Hehehehe.
2) They generally have fireworks over the Common right after the parade. Might be a good place?

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

It will be COLD, so maybe don't do it outside! Or, if you want to do it outside, you could walk through the Garden, propose on the bridge or on a bench near the swan pond and then go to the Ritz for the chocolate dessert buffet. I think they'll have it on New Year's Eve.

Also, do a search on the Boston Globeand Phoenix websites. They always have articles about romantic places in Boston. Does she live in Boston proper or in a suburb? Do you have any existing plans for NYE? Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results