shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on band that looks right with Royal Crown.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

acgirl

Rough_Rock
I just purchased a Royal Crown and now I need to find a band to go with it. I know Vatche makes a couple of different bands, but I really was hoping to not spend that much. I purchased a 2mm band and I noticed that the depth(?) of the band is much smaller than the depth on the Royal Crown. When you hold the two rings together, even though they''re the same ring size, the 2mm looks smaller. I know that the width of the band is smaller because the Vatche is a 3mm. I am referring to the overall thickness of the band (ie how high off my finger). Neither of these rings is a comfort fit so I know that is not a factor. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions about where I can look for a band that matches up to the Royal Crown. Thank you in advance for your help.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm..well I''d recommend getting the matching band if at all possible. If not, you might try signed peices. they have good prices on both plain and diamond bands and one might work for you. Also, is there any way to can go to a local jeweler and try on some different bands to see if any of those work?

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I hear ya. I have a Vatche X Prong with matching band. The matching band is curved, and it is kind of annoying that it doesn''t always line up right with the e-ring. First I bought a 3mm plat band and it was not quite right due to the depth, exactly as you described, so I returned it. My husband really wanted me to have the exact match, and that''s what I got, but I sometimes wish I had held out and tried other straight "non matching" bands. I might have liked a 2mm or 2.5 mm.

Here are two ideas for you: The Tiffany Lucida band (in 3mm or 2mm), and the Signed Pieces Raphael plain plat band. Their Rafael band is thicker (depth wise) than their regular band. I have purchased a ring from Signed Pieces and it is great.

You might do a search for Feb2003Bride''s platinum Raphael band to see some great pics!

By the way I am assuming all this time that you have been talking about a plain band. If you like a diamond band, Signed Pieces is great for that too!

acgirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks MrsSalvo and gailrmv. I just looked at the signed pieces web site and I think I might give them a try. I am looking for a plain platinum band. I will try going to a local jeweler to see what looks right too. I really appreciate the response.

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
I have a royal crown with channel sides and wear it with a 3 mm plain band - when I ordered the band (from a website I can''t remember) there was an option for "heavy" comfort fit as opposed to whatever "regular" was. I ordered the "heavy" which was a little higher cost thinking it would be thicker since it couldn''t be wider and it was. I''m satisfied with it. It seems to feel "right"

acgirl

Rough_Rock
Tanuki, I am glad to hear that the heavy platinum comfort fit looks right with your ring. I was looking around online last night and I noticed that several sites offered the option of a heavy band. I think that''s what I will go with too. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results