shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice from those w/design sense

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know stuff doesn''t have to be matchy matchy but would it look odd to have these two nightstands in the bedroom. Both are from the same collection.
Milano_1_Drawer_Nightstand-155x165.jpg

cherryhillmilano047-163x195.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
trying pics again

cherryhillmilano047-163x195.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
second one

Milano_1_Drawer_Nightstand-155x165.jpg

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Will they be on either side of the bed? Or in separate locations? I am not the one to answer "correctly" but my faux designer instinct tells me if they are going on the sides of the bed, they should match. Otherwise, it''s fair game, anywhere will do.
2.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They''re going on each side of the bed; my inner designer says make ''em match; my inner rebel says dare to be different. Sigh.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I actually love non-matching furniture. But here is how you might feel better about this:

Are these pieces from the sale collection as the rest of the furniture?
If no, match.
If yes, no match. E/t I'd probably do no match anyway. They really do match...they're just not identical! Take pix of the finished product!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
the practical in me says get two of the one with all drawers.....more hiding places
2.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
I kind of like non-matching furniture. So long as they''re in the same color family I think it would look nice. One can look at it in that the solid side table is more masculine while the other is more feminine? I''d even be so bold as to put two different lamps on them but maybe in the same materials? That''s if you are considering lamps. You''re two different personalities so it would be like two different personalities on different sides of the bed.

At any rate...I like the look of two different tables
9.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I prefer matching, because I like symmetry, and I prefer the one with all the drawers. I am utilitarian that way and a slob on top of it. I need drawers to stuff with junk when Im hurriedly cleaning for company.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree re: matching on either side of the bed, non-matching for stuff that is in a symmetrical arrangement bothers me. Also I agree re: 3 drawers, having had a 1 drawer one previously I feel like that looks too ''young'' and the more substantial the piece the more ''mature''...weird I know. I also agree re hiding places and where would you put your jewelry boxes etc?!? I need my drawers.

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Matata!

I have a degree in Interior Design and have worked in the residential and commercial sectors.
I say asymmetrical design is fun in the correct application. If you were to purchase the mis-matched nightstands, I would make a point to fill in the empty space of the one-drawered nightstand with books, glassware, ivy, or some type of decorative something to give it a "full" appearance. The overall look of the pieces is similar enough (color, lines, hardware, etc.) that they compliment each other quite nicely. You can make them look even more diliberate by placing identical lamps on either side of the bed.

Go for it and take pictures later!
-Janna

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the input ya''ll.... big hug to jorman.... I''ll match the tables when I find a pair I love....so far, no luck. I have furniture commitment issues....been looking for new living room and bedroom furniture for 3 years.
20.gif

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
My friends have a bedroom set from Ethan Allen- they have mis-matched nighttables that look very similar to the two you posted. They look just fine in situ. His has lots of drawers for his work papers and all the magazines he squirrels away, hers has a big space on the bottom, where she always keeps fresh flowers. I really like the way they look, until I saw them in action I would have thought that mis-matching tables would look weird.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think b/c they both have the same color wood, knobs, and over all shape they will be fine. Are they different heights though? The one with all drawers looks taller and that might look odd.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results