shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice for West Palm Beach proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

motcs

Rough_Rock
I''m planning on proposing to my girlfriend in West Palm Beach, FL during our trip there 7/31 - 8/3. The reason why we are going out there is to watch her favorite group, Dave Matthews Band, perform on two nights (7/31 and 8/1). We''re flying out there on a red-eye and arriving in the early morning of 7/31. She thinks we''re staying in the downtown Marriot, but I went ahead and cancelled those reservations and booked us in a much nicer hotel instead
2.gif

Now here''s my dilemma. I want to ask her early (first day), but we have to go to the concert that evening. If we drop by the hotel, which I think is a great location for the proposal, then I''ll need to make some excuse like, "Oh, hotels.com screwed up our reservation and booked us here as a replacement"
rolleyes.gif
. I want this proposal to be a surprise, but I think if she sees this new hotel, then she''ll be rather suspicious. If it''s not done at the hotel, then I don''t know the city well enough to plan something else. Any suggestions?

Also, does it matter that we won''t be dressed up when I propose, meaning we might be in summer wear (shorts, t-shirt, sandals) -- any advice on this one would be greatly appreciated.

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Have you thought about proposing at the first concert? I don't think it is necessary to be all dressed up to propose. There have been many posts about proposing on a beach in this forum. Perhaps you could give them a quick read for ideas.

A quick google found these three things:

http://www.askaresident.com/wpb.htm

There you can ask a resident of WPB for some advice in this matter.

Not really knowing how much time you have for other stuff, there's the Grassy Waters Perserve, which might provide a nice spot for popping the question.

http://www.grassywaterspreserve.com/

And there is also a WPB site as well.

http://www.cityofwpb.com/

Good luck, and have fun.

carina

Rough_Rock
Palm Beach itself is phenomenal across from the beautiful mansions

motcs

Rough_Rock
Gale and Carrina,

Thanks for your responses. I'll look into those ideas and see if I can make any of them work. If anyone else has any additional suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Since you're taking the red eye, try to book a "couples massage" at the Spa @ the Breakers to refresh and relax the two of you after your flight, but before the concert that night. Give a call to the Hotel prior to arrange a Bottle of Champange & Roses, maybe a light meal/snack after your massages while still in your robes! Take her to the area prearranged for this and propose there, no doubt it will be a beautiful setting on the property. I'm sure the Hotel can assist you in finding a proper location for this. Then the two of you can celebrate back in your room then go enjoy all this your first night out.

I've worked for a similar style resort and this was something that was arranged fairly often and seem to work out rather nicely for the couples. If this appeals to you I'd call soon to book massages and arrange this with the Hotel. Good luck and have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results