shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Advice - 2 Diamonds to choose from

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

synnyster

Rough_Rock
So I found 2 diamonds that I'm interested in for an engagement ring. Here are my two choices:

Stone #1:
Price - $5638
carat - 1.148
color - H
cut - Ideal
clarity - VS2
Depth % - 61.2
Table % - 57.2
Crown Angle - 34.8
Pavilion Angle - 40.8
Fluorescence - Very Strong
Polish - Ideal
Symmetry - Ideal

Stone #2:
Price - $5717
carat - 1.09
color - H
cut - Ideal
clarity - VS2
Depth % - 61.5
Table % - 54
Crown Angle - 34.3
Pavilion Angle - 40.8
Fluorescence - Strong Blue
Polish - Ideal
Symmetry - Ideal

I'm having a hard time only because stone #1 has very strong fluorescence. I'm very weary of how that will look. What do the experts think? By the way, the diamond will go on a platinum tiffany style 4 prong setting.

Thanks

Note: I used the Holloway cut advisor and both scored Excellent. Stone #2 edged out #1 only slightly.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 11:05:08 AM
Author:synnyster

I''m having a hard time only because stone #1 has very strong fluorescence. I''m very weary of how that will look.
first of all, you need to absolutely clarify what color this ''very strong'' fluorescence is. if it is blue, you are one step closer to it being all good. blue fluorescence will usually benefit a stone and only rarely negatively effect it.
don''t be afraid of fluor....just know what you are getting!
2.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi, its wary.

if someone can't look at the stone and tell you how it is, i wouldn't get a very strong. sure, it might be as clear as glass, bigger, cheaper, but i don't think the difference is that big.

#2 seems fine

synnyster

Rough_Rock
On the AGS report for stone #1, it states very strong blue. On the AGS report for stone #2, it states strong blue. So there isn''t much difference?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I meant a big difference in carat weight and price. Ask Whiteflash how clear it is.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, for the minimal difference, I''d go with just the strong, if it''s not negatively affected.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2007 11:22:07 AM
Author: Ellen
I agree, for the minimal difference, I''d go with just the strong, if it''s not negatively affected.
Yep.

synnyster

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results