shape
carat
color
clarity

Need a Good Base Coat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I''ve become aggravated with my Seche Clear base coat. It has been thickening when the bottle is half full and I have to toss the bottle at that point. (polish thinner just made it streaky and bumpy)

Any suggestions for a good base coat?

I prefer clear ones to the ridge fillers because I tend to wear a lot of sheer polishes in the spring and summer.

Thanks in advance!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I like Creative''s Sticky. I get it in the big round bottle and I''ve had mine over a year.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Lumpkin.

I''ve actually seen this a lot in salons, I think.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Seche Clear and Seche Base are the two basecoats that I keep coming back to. Although the Seche Base is a ridgefiller, I normally use it under shear polishes as well because it''s not like opaque it''s more just a little pearly. Come to think of it... I really have been using just the Base and not so much the Seche Clear recently.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 4:40:58 PM
Author: Giada
Thanks, Lumpkin.

It''s the most popular one around here. I tried a ton of samples that companies gave me while I was in nail school. I really like the Creative Stickey the best. It''s been awhile, but I don''t think there are very many new ones on the market, so it''s what I''ve kept using.

I love Seche''s top coat, but it gets sticky about half way through the bottle too. I hate that, but I can''t find a top coat that even comes close to it so I put up with it. I''m glad there''s an alternative to Seche for the base coat, but I''ll bet the Seche base coats are pretty darn good, too.

velvetfist

Rough_Rock
For a base, I like Orly Bonder. It''s a clear matte finish so the polish really sticks.

My all time favorite top coat is Poshe. Super shiny and dries fast. I could never quite get the hang of Seche... eventually it would get stringy on me too.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 6:46:30 PM
Author: lumpkin

Date: 2/20/2007 4:40:58 PM
Author: Giada
Thanks, Lumpkin.

It''s the most popular one around here. I tried a ton of samples that companies gave me while I was in nail school. I really like the Creative Stickey the best. It''s been awhile, but I don''t think there are very many new ones on the market, so it''s what I''ve kept using.

I love Seche''s top coat, but it gets sticky about half way through the bottle too. I hate that, but I can''t find a top coat that even comes close to it so I put up with it. I''m glad there''s an alternative to Seche for the base coat, but I''ll bet the Seche base coats are pretty darn good, too.
I agree that the top coat gets sticky pretty quickly... have you tried adding a polish thinner to it when it starts to get bad? I used to toss the bottle about half way through but the salon suggested adding a few drips of nail polish thinner to it. It worked wonderfully!

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
"Stickey" base coat by creative and "Out the Door" topcoat by INM is hands down the best combination. It lasts for weeks on natural fingernails without chipping.

Base

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Right now, I use OPI "top and base coat" and it works great. I usually dry my toes w/a nail dryer between coats and find that the polish lasts forever (three weeks)!

Where is Creative Stickey sold at? Does Ulta carry it? I''d like to try it b/c I''m on a huge polish kick right now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results