shape
carat
color
clarity

Need a few opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RivaraM1976

Rough_Rock
I am looking at a few bridesmaid dresses. I can''t figure out how to link them in here, but if you go to:
http://www.dresscodeformal.com
and look at styles 3904, 3906 and 3907 under the bridesmaid collection, those are the three I''m debating about.
They are all completely different and I''ve ordered swatches of the amethyst color which is the bright purple because I think it''s amazing. I also ordered swatches of the green tea and pink coral in satin.
My concern is that I have one girl who is much shorter than the other girls so I don''t want her to get swallowed by the dress or color. I just can''t make a decision and I don''t want it to look like a colorful circus but I am have bright purple, pink and yellow flowers mixed in with ivory and greens. It''s also a spring wedding planned for 2010 so i have plenty of time.
Please give me your choices and hopefully it''ll help!
26.gif

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
I think they all look great and the amethyst will be a lovely touch! I''m a bit partial to satin so I''d lean towards the 3906 or 3907. My personal favorite is 3907 but that''s just my initial thought. Why not ask the bridesmaids which they prefer?

And best wishes for a spring 2010 wedding! FI and I are planning in May 2010 so cheers for plenty of time!

RivaraM1976

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for taking the time to look for me!

I have asked my bridesmaids to look, however, they are scattered around the world which makes it a bit difficult. I am taking care of the cost so I want to make sure I have a good selection narrowed down and then I''ll email them and take a poll! Hehe! ;-) Thanks again.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m with CNY...

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I like the second one you posted best. I think it would be most versatile.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I like the style of 3906 best...except that it has a TRAIN! Why on earth would they put a train on a bridesmaid dress? That just kills all the re-wearability it had. So I''d go with 3904. I''m not a fan of 3907, but that''s because I don''t like ruffles.

As for colors, I don''t think you can go wrong with any! I like the green tea because my dresses are sage green, but the amethyst also looks pretty.

RivaraM1976

Rough_Rock
Hehehee. I kinda liked the train, but I see what you mean.

I had a BM dress with a train for my friends wedding and I think it cost me like $30 to make it an even hem after the wedding. I still don''t think I ever wore that dress again.
17.gif

What do you think about dress code formal''s 3919!? I just saw it on there. Maybe that''s better???

Also, for my bridal shower I was thinking of ordering 4907! It''s sooo cute! What do you think? I can pre-order it and receive it at the end of the month or beginning of next month, which is early, but I still love it so much.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
i like the first, love the third, and had a freaking fit over the second one. oh, and i should add that their prices are so amazing that i teared up a little because we''ve been hunting forever for dresses for my little sister''s wedding that were under $100, so THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!!

RivaraM1976

Rough_Rock
28.gif

No problem!!
So glad I could help somebody!

They are awesome by the way--you''re not going to believe how good the quality is. It''s not a joke.

Anyway, thanks for the advice and keep me posted on which dresses you guys end up going for!!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I think 3919 is pretty fabulous because I love chiffon and halters. I still think 3906 without the train would be my favorite (LOVE the back). Any way they could make it without the train?

RivaraM1976

Rough_Rock
I don''t think that they can, but I have a great seamstress that can either remove the train altogether, and then just close up the seam, OR she can just level the hem, so it will have a little "insert" in the back like it does now, but it won''t be longer than the rest of the dress and wont drag on the floor.

She did it for another dress of mine and this looks like it would be easier, since the train is sewn in as an addition to the skirt.

That''s a good idea!!

I may look into that. Thanks!!

RivaraM1976

Rough_Rock
Does anybody know of any great bridal shows in the Tri-State area also?

If I have the BM wear #3906 from http://www.dresscodeformal.com do you think it would look cute with some sort of feather or netting hair accessory in their hair?
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results